tekjo gaskets

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martysmith223

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
is anyone had issues with the thickness compared to stock I don't want any extra slop in my gears

Attachments

• 20190426_143728.jpg
    20190426_143728.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 138
I have bought some but not fitted them yet, I too would be interested if they add more slop etc..?

Great guy at Tek_jo, might drop him a msg.
it's not alot thicker but its definitely like two factory ones gonna use it anyways cause rich d

Personally I'd soak it in some diff oil before fitting in order to help it seal nicely when fitting it all back together.
always do lol but thanks guys im just over thinking lol just doing anything I can do to the diffs to make them better

Are they cheaper than the ones from Arrma?
For me in the US, I actually found the Tek_jo's to be slightly more expensive than the Arrma's because of the shipping costs involved. I think it's definitely worth the slight difference in price though. The Tek_jo's are just a little thicker, and hold up better. As other's have mentioned on here, soaking them in lighter weight diff oil helps{I soak mine overnight}.. Especially if you're running a higher powered setup than factory. The stock Aarma gaskets tore on me, no tears when running the Tek_jo's.

Arrgh. First I've heard of these. I have new factory Arrma ones sitting in the package in front of me- one arrived already broken.

Where are you guys getting these?

Well bringing this alive. I have tek_jo 3 s diff seals since a few weeks after i bought the kraton 4s and their diff seals for the 3s line well.. lets just say i had to stretch it a bit to make it fit on the screw holes. And i think i have a leakage my clear grease has a line of whote collored grease idk if its the greasse who did that but i know my grease is pretty tick and when i feel the one inside my gearbox its pretty thin.. i have a 1-2 spots that the outside edge next to one screw hole is cut idk if this is enough to cause a leak. I have it on all of them all 4
image.jpg

You can see it seals really well where the screws are but look at the other sides maybe its leaking from there?
I don't remember but the stock in the rear broke in 2 parts i think by my own stupidity at the time

And my diff cap is kinda compressed where the screws goes in mabe because of the thickness of their gasket might have to just get another crowngear when i get my new diff yokes hot racing

After inspesction my clear grease has turned white and my car was only sitting on the shelf i decided to mix grease and diff oil togueter and grease became white so i do have a leak in the rear and front but idk if switching to the original gasket will solve this because the endcap of the crown gear is a bit sunk where the screws threads in putting a lot more pressure in that part of the diff than on the other corners and not having proper pressure in every corner of the gasket can result in a slow leak that you cant detect it did affect the grease proprieties to lubricate when i compared to fresh grease they were completly differant

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back