Tekno ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynny

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
Who’s getting the new Tekno I been waiting eight months for this almost done building mine.
2F30646E-12BB-4E52-B15B-9DE0CCEACBF5.jpeg
08992F6B-EB0E-4362-908D-79589A14E638.jpeg
90F251B2-8CD7-4958-A749-03FA81A97312.jpeg
2FBBB70B-2AD9-4025-96D4-C04C425352C1.jpeg

Looks nice!!

My only issue with the tekno buggies...why do they used the worse looking bodies I have ever seen? Lol. I know that is an easy cheap thing to change...but still.

I really want an Et48, I almost bought the new 2.0. I am waiting to see if any good deals on a previous model popup with the new one out now.
The ET48.3 has been out of production for almost a year now some people may unload the old et to go with the new 2.0 platform.

Looks nice!!

My only issue with the tekno buggies...why do they used the worse looking bodies I have ever seen? Lol. I know that is an easy cheap thing to change...but still.
I can relate to you’re opinion but I personally like the body I was surprised how thin the new body is it’s 0.40 millimeter and a kraton body is 0.80 millimeter.

Very cool. I want one but wouldn’t race it. Did you buy it for racing or general off-road/bashing?

I really want an Et48, I almost bought the new 2.0. I am waiting to see if any good deals on a previous model popup with the new one out now.
Check the RCTech classifieds, I picked up my roller for $300.
Love racing vehicles! Too bad its not Nitro 😏
You want my NT48.3 parts?
Looks nice!!

The buggy bodies look fine to me.
EB48-2.0-Feat_1-1200x628.jpg

Max 8 and hobbystar 4076 fit with about 8 mm to spare or I could stick the 4092 in it. These electronics will get me started eventually I’ll be putting in something else.
image.jpg

I know most people think the body is fugly but I love it fits nice and tight
image.jpg

Looking at the chassis it looks like there is plenty of room for the esc behind the motor.

Looking at the chassis it looks like there is plenty of room for the esc behind the motor.
Yes there is picture is of a max8 you could fit a max6 or castle I bought this esc for my custom ground up kraton but it don’t like the 4092. With the tekno I’ll probably stick to a traditional 1/8 scale can as to not kill the weight and the way the wires run out the side of the esc is perfect for the Tekno. There is one left on eBay that’s where I got it with free shipping um still in shock I finally got one. It weighs 8.8 lb no batteries and 10.4 with two 3s power hobby 5200 mah 50c only thing I don’t have on it are the side guards and center diff waiting on steel spur.First time I painted a body .
2D79E913-91F5-404D-B094-5931641E96AF.jpeg
75B9BF24-B316-4D3E-82A3-7D3E9ACB1F8C.jpeg
520C647E-0F4A-4147-8F07-16F1730F98BB.jpeg

Was not trying to bash your ride....by all means it is awesome! Just the bodies are not my style. May sound silly since they are RC....but they just make me think of a robot for some reason. Haha
I didn’t take any offense to it that’s what JQ says Teknos fuglafication of the truggy body. You can very easily fit any 1/8 scale truggy body to it they have provisions in the tower already to do so it’s a race car and they claim it’s faster than a traditional body but I love it just like I like arrmas body on it which could be fit easily.
image.jpg

One thing I don’t understand servo mount guess that’s where the extra space for the esc came from I would hate to have my wires like this on a expensive servo.
image.jpg

Last edited:
I didn’t take any offense to it that’s what JQ says Teknos fuglafication of the truggy body. You can very easily fit any 1/8 scale truggy body to it they have provisions in the tower already to do so it’s a race car and they claim it’s faster than a traditional body but I love it just like I like arrmas body on it which could be fit easily.View attachment 141824
One thing I don’t understand servo mount guess that’s where the extra space for the esc came from I would hate to have my wires like this on a expensive servo.View attachment 141827
Really have to twist them to fit

I love your build mate!

I've got one in transit it should arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to the build, and I love the body design too. It's been a few years I've wanted a Tekno or XRay truggy, but the new design really parked my interest so I ordered one.

I will be setting mine up slightly more as a basher, but first I'll be testing it out at the track I race casually at. I've got the Castle Mamba Monster X 8s and 1520 1650KV combo for it, the MMX8s is a really light esc for the power it can handle, but the motor is pretty big, I hope I can fit it in ok.

I love your build mate!

I've got one in transit it should arrive on Monday. I'm looking forward to the build, and I love the body design too. It's been a few years I've wanted a Tekno or XRay truggy, but the new design really parked my interest so I ordered one.

I will be setting mine up slightly more as a basher, but first I'll be testing it out at the track I race casually at. I've got the Castle Mamba Monster X 8s and 1520 1650KV combo for it, the MMX8s is a really light esc for the power it can handle, but the motor is pretty big, I hope I can fit it in ok.
I want to use this same combo. How did it fit? Do you have any build pics?

I want to use this same combo. How did it fit? Do you have any build pics?
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/yet-another-et48-2-0-build-thread.2260/

It fits, though the radio box had to be mounted where the esc would normally go, the esc goes where radio box would normally go.

The biggest issue I have is the battery tray design and the fact you are quite limited with the size and shape of the battery on the chassis due to the center diff mount design.

It is a beautiful kit to build and the parts are high quality with fantastic hardware.
20210530_183828.jpg
20210530_183345.jpg
20210530_183507.jpg
20210531_112821.jpg
20210603_011420.jpg
20210603_011224.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back