Tekno ET48 2.0

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s a beautiful build! The battery limitation has me a little hesitant. Maybe I should go for the kraton roller... I love kits though as I enjoy the build process.

How do you like the lower on 4s, do you feel it needs 6s?

It would be nice to run 6s especially when I throw some street tires on it for some speed runs in the neighborhood. Maybe once m2c develops a chassis it will accommodate a larger battery tray.

That’s a beautiful build! The battery limitation has me a little hesitant. Maybe I should go for the kraton roller... I love kits though as I enjoy the build process.

It would be nice to run 6s especially when I throw some street tires on it for some speed runs in the neighborhood. Maybe once m2c develops a chassis it will accommodate a larger battery tray.
There are plenty of 6s batteries that fit this

It's the length that I have problems with only because I have a bunch of 4s batteries already, if I was buying batteries it wouldn't matter because the standard hard case design will fit in 4s or 6s, the height is less of an issue.

It's the length that I have problems with only because I have a bunch of 4s batteries already, if I was buying batteries it wouldn't matter because the standard hard case design will fit in 4s or 6s, the height is less of an issue.
That's the problem I have with my ET48.3, all of my 3s packs are too long to fit the battery tray.

That's the problem I have with my ET48.3, all of my 3s packs are too long to fit the battery tray.
What did you do about it? I'm trying to come up with a decent solution, the hardest part is going to be clearing the center diff mount.

20210530_183954.jpg
20210530_183536.jpg
20210530_183507.jpg

I think the only thing I can do is buy some 3s lipos that fit. Even if I modded the tray my 3s pack would hit the drive cup. My other option is buying the M2C wide chassis and making my own batter tray.
View attachment 150307

Is that the Turnigy 5000mah 60c 6s brick?
The battery that fits in mine is a 4s heavy duty 5000mah Turnigy

The battery that fits in mine is a 4s heavy duty 5000mah Turnigy
I was looking at those but they are out of stock in the US warehouse at the moment and I don't feel like paying $20 for shipping.

I stumbled across these today, https://www.powerboltrc.com/product/powerbolt-5000mah-6s-60c-lipo-pack-w-xt-90-2/ They look like rebranded Turnigy lipos. I really like the 10 gauge wire on their 3s lipos, a lot of the other no name Amazon, ebay, banggood ect lipos only use 12 gauge wire on their 3s batteries.

These all fit the et48 and the two hard case fit the eb I really like the hobbystar 6s if my cheap Htrc charger is accurate I put 5400 mah in the 4800 mah hobbystar. I think the two hard case are made by the same company then rebranded.
image.jpg
The cnhl and 7200 mah power hobby don't fit the Tekno. The tape is to keep the ends of the soft case from splitting.

These all fit the et48 and the two hard case fit the eb I really like the hobbystar 6s if my cheap Htrc charger is accurate I put 5400 mah in the 4800 mah hobbystar. I think the two hard case are made by the same company then rebranded.View attachment 150792The cnhl and 7200 mah power hobby don't fit the Tekno. The tape is to keep the ends of the soft case from splitting.
That's a good collection, I wish I had more than two batteries that would fit mine! Nice win with the hobbystar battery!

That's a good collection, I wish I had more than two batteries that would fit mine! Nice win with the hobbystar battery!
If you’re going to run race kits you almost need to buy batteries that fit properly it sucks but man it makes it so much easier just my two cents.

These all fit the et48 and the two hard case fit the eb I really like the hobbystar 6s if my cheap Htrc charger is accurate I put 5400 mah in the 4800 mah hobbystar. I think the two hard case are made by the same company then rebranded.View attachment 150792The cnhl and 7200 mah power hobby don't fit the Tekno. The tape is to keep the ends of the soft case from splitting.
So what are the exact battery tray dimensions?? My et48 will arrive tomorrow and I’d like to order some batteries.

If you’re going to run race kits you almost need to buy batteries that fit properly it sucks but man it makes it so much easier just my two cents.
Yeah, I've been racing in an open club, they are very loose on rules, which is good and bad, but they are just about to open a new track that is going to be a little tougher on the rules, so we may need to run batteries that meet a regulation. I found I can fit another 2 4s batteries I have, but they are super tight, might be a good thing.

@spoonycoot i have a build thread on the TeknoForum if you want to check it out just a few tips and tricks and I explained how to fit a rpm bumper if you’re building a Basher under same user name.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back