Tekno et48.4 shocks on Talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cr3pitus

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Nero
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 3s
Has anyone put tekno et48.4 shocks on a Talion with success? Broke a shock on my v4 Talion today (one of those last pack moments) and was thinking about swapping in the tekno shocks since they're so nice. Anybody got a good eye to eye measurement for the v4 Talion front and rear? My daughter put my calipers somewhere and I can't find them lol.

Has anyone put tekno et48.4 shocks on a Talion with success? Broke a shock on my v4 Talion today (one of those last pack moments) and was thinking about swapping in the tekno shocks since they're so nice. Anybody got a good eye to eye measurement for the v4 Talion front and rear? My daughter put my calipers somewhere and I can't find them lol.
Arrma Talion V3+:
Front: AR330496 107mm
Rear: AR330497 124mm

Tekno ET48.3
Front - 122mm
Rear - 137mm

Tekno has 3 different shock lengths (measured center of eye to center of eye and measurements taken from the Tekno website):

107mm: SCT410.3 front, EB48SL front
122mm: ET48.3 front, NT48.3 front, EB48.4 front, NB48.4 front, MT410 front, SCT410.3 rear, EB48SL rear
137mm: ET48.3 rear, NT48.3 rear, EB48.4 rear, NB48.4 rear, MT410 rear

You will want to get the SCT410.3 front shocks and the SCT410.3 rear shocks or ET48.3 front shocks(to use on the rear of the Talion) as the SCT410 fronts are the same length and the SCT410 rears are only 2mm shorter. It doesn't matter which shocks you get you will want to change out the springs that come with the kit to the ones off the Talion.

You will also need.
  • 2x Tekno shock standoffs TKR5527.
  • 4x M4 nylon lock nuts.
  • 4mm drill bit to drill out your shock towers.
  • blue thread lock.
  • shock oil of your choice.
  • TKR1115 (optional but recommended).
Optional parts.

• TiNi Coated Shock Shafts front for SCT410 TKR6004T
  • TiNi Coated Shock Shafts rear for SCT410 TKR6017T
  • Tekno CNC Delrin Shock Cartridge Set TKR6146
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6050: 10x1.1mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6051: 8x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6052: 10x1.2mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6053: 8x1.4mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6054: 10x1.3mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6063: 6x1.5mm
  • CNC Delrin Conical Shock Pistons TKR6064: 6x1.6mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6159 4x1.8mm
  • CNC Delrin Tapered Shock Pistons TKR6160 blank
  • Aluminum Vented Shock Caps TKR6003
  • Emulsion/Vented/Standard Shock Caps TKR8702

Last edited:
Last edited:
When you mentioned the newer Arrma shocks being better than they were historically do you mean just the springs or the bodies and everything? Is it not worth it anymore to swap in complete tekno shocks (aside from springs) over stock v4?

When you mentioned the newer Arrma shocks being better than they were historically do you mean just the springs or the bodies and everything? Is it not worth it anymore to swap in complete tekno shocks (aside from springs) over stock v4?
The V1-V2 shocks only had 3.5mm shafts and shorter softer springs. If you want smoother shocks with more tuning options the Teknos are probably worth it.

Arrma list's last Talion shock lengths as 110 F / 131 R, Version 4 I think?
F spring 60mm ARAC8926
R spring 84mm ARAC8927
The length on the Arrma site is the total length of the shock my measurements are from eye to eye. Eye to eye measurement is a better way to compare shock lengths imho as that is where the shock mounting locations are. Rod ends from brand to brand can vary in length, even the Arrma rod ends have varied in length over the years.

Last edited:
The length on the Arrma site is the total length of the shock my measurements are from eye to eye. Eye to eye measurement is a better way to compare shock lengths imho as that is where the shock mounting locations are. Rod ends from brand to brand can vary in length, even the Arrma rod ends have varied in length over the years.
1709684810167.gif

What @slick2500 says.
When comparing shock length, anything beyond center to center is irrelevant, provided it will fit the stand-off, and the arm. 🤙 So long as the travel is not shorter than the shock you’re superseding, set your droop so that the shock is not the limiter, and roll on.

Back