Tekno mt410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, are you happy with it?
I’m ordering my Tekno MT tomorrow or the next day.
If it is anything like other Proline bodies I would reinforce it with some Shoe Goo and dry wall tape prior to bashing it.

Few more upgrades
M2c CVD drive shafts for all 4 corners
M2c hex adapters for a little bit of a wider stance.

16439377736042042560578853288415.jpg

I need to order a set of those cvds for my ET48.3. Right now I'm running the Arrma cvds.

Nice build, I just finished mine a few weeks ago and haven’t run it yet either. the parts quality is outstanding but I couldn’t help thinking that to be able to really hold up under hard bashing would require a lot of upgraded parts. as nice as it is, you can tell it’s a terrific track Truggy on a shortened chassis. I decided that since I have outcast, couple max’s, couple of kratons, kraton xl and other purpose built bashers and stunt trucks, it made no sense to spend another $400 in upgrades, just the full set of 3 M2c metal braces is a couple hundred. The diffs while built with high strength gears lack bushings and washers, which help keep the plastic diff housing from friction heating, like the arrma and others have, so probably need upgrading also, then there’s the plastic shock parts to replace.
I think it’s a awesome rig, I just decided already having so many rigs that are more suited for heavy bashing, maybe swimming with the currentvmade more sense for me… so last night ordered the 48.3 m2c chassis, rear driveshaft and rear brace And I’m going to enjoy the truck on my local hobby shops 1/8th scale track and lighter bashing! I know the rig can be made to handle the power but the suspension and design is so precise and we’ll fit, it just made more sense to me to take advantage of its strengths and not dump a lot into it to make the truck do something I already have covered. I only have 2 dedicated traditional type truggy’s now, a hobao hyper sste and a talion exb, so the addition of a light weight higher end Truggy fits my fleet well.
sorry for the sidetrack, I think the Tekno is a top of the food chain kit, and it’s amazing how a change in a few inches and tires can so radically alter a cars personality. One of the best stunt trucks can be turned into a track weapon for $130 in parts and a tire change… this is theoretical as I haven’t gotten the parts yet, but the et48.3 seemed high;y regarded until it was replaced recently with an even more impressive model

Nice build, I just finished mine a few weeks ago and haven’t run it yet either. the parts quality is outstanding but I couldn’t help thinking that to be able to really hold up under hard bashing would require a lot of upgraded parts. as nice as it is, you can tell it’s a terrific track Truggy on a shortened chassis. I decided that since I have outcast, couple max’s, couple of kratons, kraton xl and other purpose built bashers and stunt trucks, it made no sense to spend another $400 in upgrades, just the full set of 3 M2c metal braces is a couple hundred. The diffs while built with high strength gears lack bushings and washers, which help keep the plastic diff housing from friction heating, like the arrma and others have, so probably need upgrading also, then there’s the plastic shock parts to replace.
I think it’s a awesome rig, I just decided already having so many rigs that are more suited for heavy bashing, maybe swimming with the currentvmade more sense for me… so last night ordered the 48.3 m2c chassis, rear driveshaft and rear brace And I’m going to enjoy the truck on my local hobby shops 1/8th scale track and lighter bashing! I know the rig can be made to handle the power but the suspension and design is so precise and we’ll fit, it just made more sense to me to take advantage of its strengths and not dump a lot into it to make the truck do something I already have covered. I only have 2 dedicated traditional type truggy’s now, a hobao hyper sste and a talion exb, so the addition of a light weight higher end Truggy fits my fleet well.
sorry for the sidetrack, I think the Tekno is a top of the food chain kit, and it’s amazing how a change in a few inches and tires can so radically alter a cars personality. One of the best stunt trucks can be turned into a track weapon for $130 in parts and a tire change… this is theoretical as I haven’t gotten the parts yet, but the et48.3 seemed high;y regarded until it was replaced recently with an even more impressive model
Yes there are some upgrades it needs to be a true basher.and yea I got alot money in the truck but it's my winter project and I probably won't be buying another ec for a while. And the notorious is one fav rigs so I figured I like this to and I wanted a kit to build.

But I been thinking of selling my TLR typhon and getting another tekno to race.
Way I see it - if the plastic Arrma CVDs can handle 4s power, I am sure the stock Tekno steel ones can without issue. I am only running 4s on my Mt40.
You could be right but I have bent my share of shafts on my 6s rigs so I just figured I upgraded what I think needs it till it warms up. I don't think it needs anything else. Was thinking about getting the front shock stiffiner thing or just getting the m2c front shock tower. I think the rear is good with the go big go home kit.

Just put the m2c front shock tower support on. Next will be the aluminum shock collars, and at some point I probably will get aluminum diff cups but don't know if I stay tekno or m2c. But I will run the stock ones first. Othere then that idk what else she needs?

cameringo_20220210_174843.jpg
cameringo_20220210_181846.jpg

Just incredible. How did you do the body? I see which one it was but, how did you do what you did?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back