Tekno mt410 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome build. This thread has been driving me nut's. I have couple little home project's and as usual decisions, waiting on part's and i'll finally be able to start the MT-410 build i've been planning for a year and half.

Thanks for the kind words and yea body looks ok for first time hydro dip them film sheets.
That’s what I thought that was! I really want to learn how to do that. I have watched Mr. Dukes video on it and I am very interested. And then I need to see if they have a film sheet that’s sunflowers (For when I do a shell for my wife’s a big rock.)

I thought yours look fantastic. Are you leaving it just hydrodipped or are you also painting it? I did look entirely through the post but couldn’t find any more on it. That is such a thoroughly amazing build man. Basically a dream car. Nice work!

Last edited:
That’s what I thought that was! I really want to learn how to do that. I have watched Mr. Dukes video on it and I am still interested. And then I need to see if they have a film sheet that’s sunflowers (For when I do a shell for my wife’s a big rock.)

I thought yours look fantastic. Are you leaving it just hydrodipped or are you also painting it? I did look entirely through the post but couldn’t find any more on it. That is such a thoroughly amazing build man. Basically a dream car. Nice work!
Yea they have tons of different films got it of eBay. But I tryed dipping the in side of the body like u would when u paint it. But you couldn't see anything just gray from the back of the film. So I went a head and dipped the outside. And went over it with a pearl clear coat and probably do a few more. And I'll probably just paint the inside black. I don't think it will change anything because I have the film on the inside to. I'll make a video of the next one I do probably be this summer tho. And I probably have enough film to do maybe 2 more body's. And I think I paid 25$

And yes I watched mr.dukes video and lots of others for help. But I had trouble with getting wrinkles out of the film and getting water on top of the film when laying it in the water. I thought it would be easy but it's really not.

Thanks for enjoying the build once spring hits I'll be posting vid of the first bash👊👊👊

Yea they have tons of different films got it of eBay. But I tryed dipping the in side of the body like u would when u paint it. But you couldn't see anything just gray from the back of the film. So I went a head and dipped the outside. And went over it with a pearl clear coat and probably do a few more. And I'll probably just paint the inside black. I don't think it will change anything because I have the film on the inside to. I'll make a video of the next one I do probably be this summer tho. And I probably have enough film to do maybe 2 more body's. And I think I paid 25$

And yes I watched mr.dukes video and lots of others for help. But I had trouble with getting wrinkles out of the film and getting water on top of the film when laying it in the water. I thought it would be easy but it's really not.

Thanks for enjoying the build once spring hits I'll be posting vid of the first bash👊👊👊
I am definitely looking forward to your first bash video. And I am expecting all those same difficulties when I first try to Hydro drip. But I think I can figure it out eventually. Thanks for posting your build, it has been very entertaining to follow. Happy Thursday!

Define “short”
image.jpg

In the video it kind of looked short and fat. Stunt truck-ish if you will. I've always tended to extend my RC's, I like them long so they keep the nose down a bit better under hard acceleration.

In this pic it looks rather long, but if you look more carefully, you'll notice that the wheel carriers are really wide apart, looks like the carriers are further apart then the length of the chassis or darn close? (bumper excluded)

Don't get me wrong, I love this truck, and really want to build one, but it looks like I might be wanting a longer one.

Just one guys opinion.

Cheers!

In the video it kind of looked short and fat. Stunt truck-ish if you will. I've always tended to extend my RC's, I like them long so they keep the nose down a bit better under hard acceleration.

In this pic it looks rather long, but if you look more carefully, you'll notice that the wheel carriers are really wide apart, looks like the carriers are further apart then the length of the chassis or darn close? (bumper excluded)

Don't get me wrong, I love this truck, and really want to build one, but it looks like I might be wanting a longer one.

Just one guys opinion.

Cheers!
Yea it's short for doing stunts easier to flip and wheely and all that. But you can swap chassis and make it into a LWB.

Just one guys opinion.

Cheers!
Get an ET48.

Nice build! I'm glad I just got that kit!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back