Tekno standoff help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr8727-shock-standoffs-2pcs-requires-tkr8730/#tab-description

Has anyone used these? I just switched out my shock caps to the Arena aluminum V3 style and realized I need to use something between the hole and the standoff shaft. I want to use the protector. These use a bushing.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr8730-shock-cap-bushings-4pcs-requires-tkr8727/

I'd give them a try if they would work with the Arena aluminum shock caps i just bought. Has anyone used them?

https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr8727-shock-standoffs-2pcs-requires-tkr8730/#tab-description

Has anyone used these? I just switched out my shock caps to the Arena aluminum V3 style and realized I need to use something between the hole and the standoff shaft. I want to use the protector. These use a bushing.
https://www.teknorc.com/shop/tkr8730-shock-cap-bushings-4pcs-requires-tkr8727/

I'd give them a try if they would work with the Arena aluminum shock caps i just bought. Has anyone used them?
I use them, but I also use Tekno shocks. I'm not sure if they work with the Arrma shocks or not, but you will also need a 4mm drill bit and 4 M4 nylon lock nuts to mount it to the shock tower.

I use them, but I also use Tekno shocks. I'm not sure if they work with the Arrma shocks or not, but you will also need a 4mm drill bit and 4 M4 nylon lock nuts to mount it to the shock tower.

I figured they were 4mm. That’s the easy part. I’m wondering about the shaft width. If you have calipers would you measure the mounting hole in the shock cap please? This info could help more people than just me.

Thanks

I figured they were 4mm. That’s the easy part. I’m wondering about the shaft width. If you have calipers would you measure the mounting hole in the shock cap please? This info could help more people than just me.

Thanks
6.5mm for the inside diameter. The ball in the shock cap has an inside diameter of 4mm.

@Walküre Did you ever confirm if the insert bushings work with Arrma shock caps? I’m looking to use the 8727 standoffs and the 8730 bushings with Arrma V3 shock caps but can’t find information on dimensions anywhere.

I contacted Tekno support yesterday and they could not confirm fitment of the bushings into Arrma caps. I also asked for dimensions of the inserts or even the actual thread or pitch of the Tekno shock caps but unfortunately didn’t get a clear answer there either.

@slick2500 Do you know if the Tekno caps will thread onto the Arrma shock bodies?

@Walküre Did you ever confirm if the insert bushings work with Arrma shock caps? I’m looking to use the 8727 standoffs and the 8730 bushings with Arrma V3 shock caps but can’t find information on dimensions anywhere.

I contacted Tekno support yesterday and they could not confirm fitment of the bushings into Arrma caps. I also asked for dimensions of the inserts or even the actual thread or pitch of the Tekno shock caps but unfortunately didn’t get a clear answer there either.

@slick2500 Do you know if the Tekno caps will thread onto the Arrma shock bodies?
Yes they will thread on but they won't seal.

Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to just order the Tekno stand-offs and design a similar style insert to 3D print for the Arrma cap.

Did you end up printing an insert?
If so
how do they hold up?
What kinda of filament did you use?
Got any pics?

Did you end up printing an insert?
If so
how do they hold up?
What kinda of filament did you use?
Got any pics?
I did design and print inserts and confirmed fitment into the arrma shock cap. I never did buy the Tekno standoffs so I cant say how durable they are. I don’t have any pics but I do have some extras I could get some pics tomorrow if interested.

Edit: I couldn’t find the inserts...I probably tossed them since they were just a design exercise to check fit into the shock cap and the ID was arbitrary.

I do know the inserts from my MBX8 ECO fit very nicely into the Arrma cap. If someone knew the diameter of the Tekno standoffs maybe we could figure something out there.

Last edited:
I did design and print inserts and confirmed fitment into the arrma shock cap. I never did buy the Tekno standoffs so I cant say how durable they are. I don’t have any pics but I do have some extras I could get some pics tomorrow if interested.

Edit: I couldn’t find the inserts...I probably tossed them since they were just a design exercise to check fit into the shock cap and the ID was arbitrary.

I do know the inserts from my MBX8 ECO fit very nicely into the Arrma cap. If someone knew the diameter of the Tekno standoffs maybe we could figure something out there.

Yes I would be interested in seeing them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back