Telemetry connection question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Have an RC6GS with the R7 receiver...it is capable of battery voltage telemetry, but the included adapter (XT60) doesn't fit my truck wiring (XT90).

Is it possible to y-harness with the feed from the ESC to the receiver? bringing the +/- from the ESC to the receiver to the x/- for the telemetry, and all 3 leads to the receiver itself from the other side of the y?

Or should I look into purchasing (or building) an XT90 version of what came with the rx/tx?

Thanks.

-Chris

XT60 is fine for Telem. voltage readings. You need to tap that xt60 into the lipo leads, wherever is convenient. Or just solder (hard wire it) The instructions should be explanatory enough. I would reread and follow it.

Thanks! I actually figured it out (when I sat and thought about it).

Coming off the ESC would only show the voltage the ESC is feeding (6 or 7.4).

Last night I heated up the solder on the existing XT90 that were on the truck, then added the JST leads and let everything cool. We now have battery telemetry! Pretty easy once I took the time to think about it. No more relying on LVC (it wasnt BAD, but I prefer to have more information than less)

Yea, tapping into the Rx lead only gives you BEC voltage. You want to monitor your Lipo volts and watch for voltage sag. The benefit of having telemetry data on the fly. Good work.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back