Telemetry question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanbenton1028

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've been told different things.... I want to be able to use the spektrum app to view mph mainly. I don't really care about the other things. So my question is, do I have to run a Spektrum esc, such as the one that came with my Noto (Firma Smart 150 Amp), or will the app work with my Max6? I love the dashboard feature, but I love my Max6 more.

I've been told different things.... I want to be able to use the spektrum app to view mph mainly. I don't really care about the other things. So my question is, do I have to run a Spektrum esc, such as the one that came with my Noto (Firma Smart 150 Amp), or will the app work with my Max6? I love the dashboard feature, but I love my Max6 more.
It must be one of the Firma SMART ESCs to work. I'm pretty sure that you also must be using a Spektrum Tx/Rx. If you're using a DX3, you'll need the optional BT2000 Blutooth module. If I'm not mistaken, the DX5 series (DX5c, Rugged & Pro) already have it integrated.

Diem is correct. It all needs to be Spektrum to work, even the tires! j/k :ROFLMAO:

If you want to see MPH, there are a few popular options. I use the Skyrc speed meter and my GoPro 9.

A GO Pro attached to your rig will give you a speedometer in the video

The SkyRC speed meter can be attached under or on shell to see mph, max speed, avg, etc.
Screenshot_20220820-091020_Amazon Shopping.jpg

You can also use ones made for cycling and the like....
Screenshot_20220820-090940_Amazon Shopping.jpg

This is one that has an app with it that lots of peeps use. I'll be getting one shortly.
Screenshot_20220820-091003_Amazon Shopping.jpg

FWIW, I run Castle telemetry on my Futaba 7PXR. I know it seems like a great idea, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. If you love your Max6 more (and I don't blame you) go with the SkyRC GNSS if you want to check speed. You know what's a bad idea? Looking at something other than your car while driving (particularly at high speeds). What I use it for most of all is monitoring battery voltage and motor temperature with a Futaba P-SBS/01TE temp sensor. But only between runs. Just something worth considering.

I have spektrum down the whole 9 yards and still bought the gnss.. bt app had major problems when it first came out and it put me off!! But to answer your question no, it will require spektrum lipos, tx/rx, esc, and motor for telemetry capabilities!! 😎

I have spektrum down the whole 9 yards and still bought the gnss.. bt app had major problems when it first came out and it put me off!! But to answer your question no, it will require spektrum lipos, tx/rx, esc, and motor for telemetry capabilities!! 😎
Just for clarification, you will only need Spektrum lipos if you want the battery level to be transmitted, not for speed and whatnot.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back