Template for unbreakable body?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
I got an unbreakable Outcast body coming from Russia. Has anyone seen a template that I could give to someone with a vinyl cutting machine? I wish to have cut vinyl for windows, grill, tail lights etc. Also can't find a seperate stock decal set for Outcast body....without having to buy a clear body.
Any ideas or suggestions?
I have ideas for decals but none that would work for the scale details.
Thanks for any help.

Doh! I didn't realize it was you when I posted that LOL.

You could always try to make a template yourself. Stick some masking/painters tape on body parts, press it all down nice. Cut it out gently with an xacto following the lines//contours, then gently peel the pieces up and place on a piece of paper or some thin card stock. Then just trace around them or take them to the vinyl cutter that way, I'm sure they'd be able to use them as a template.

Doh! I didn't realize it was you when I posted that LOL.

You could always try to make a template yourself. Stick some masking/painters tape on body parts, press it all down nice. Cut it out gently with an xacto following the lines//contours, then gently peel the pieces up and place on a piece of paper or some thin card stock. Then just trace around them or take them to the vinyl cutter that way, I'm sure they'd be able to use them as a template.

Interesting. I suppose I'll end up doing that. I wonder if I were to purchase a vinyl cutting machine and made some templates for popular bodies if I'd be able to market some pre-cut vinyl decals in various scale styles.... Especially for the unbreakable bodies where I haven't been able to find any easiest "stick and run" options.

Interesting. I suppose I'll end up doing that. I wonder if I were to purchase a vinyl cutting machine and made some templates for popular bodies if I'd be able to market some pre-cut vinyl decals in various scale styles.... Especially for the unbreakable bodies where I haven't been able to find any easiest "stick and run" options.
Interesting idea. Something like is really needed.

Proline has replacement decals for their bodies which may be helpful. Not sure if they stock discontinued or not. I think I want an unbreakable Bulldog MBX6-T body for my Talion too. I like some of the designs for the vinyl wraps but I prefer simpler, less "busy" and more scale graphics. So, if I could build a template, I may could gather enough patience to design something. I don't need the entire body wrapped (to just get scratched up,) just want a grill, headlights and taillights, and windows.....maybe racing stripes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back