Ten tooth Input gear removal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VapeLifeGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
After removing the grub screw in the drive shaft normally you can just grab the gear with a needle nose pliers. It's not working! How the heck do I get the Input gear out from the front differential?! Do I need to remove the motor and center dif to push it out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20190415_182650.jpg
    20190415_182650.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 150
After removing the grub screw in the drive shaft normally you can just grab the gear with a needle nose pliers. It's not working! How the heck do I get the Input gear out from the front differential?! Do I need to remove the motor and center dif to push it out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
If it's never been out before there is no way in hell you are grabbing it with needle nose pliers, lol! I use a punch of some sort and hammer it out from the other side.

I’ve got a small deadblow that works great for rc.

Attachments

• A1FB769C-0CE4-483B-9352-816B57230833.jpeg
    A1FB769C-0CE4-483B-9352-816B57230833.jpeg
    247.6 KB · Views: 97
I put my cigar lighter to the outdrive and heat the crap out of it, being careful not to get to close to the diff bulkhead (been there, lol). After a little bit you can see the smoke from the melting loctite. Then I use an appropriate sized Phillips head screwdriver and a hammer to punch out the pinion. One the pinion is out and cooled I hold it with vice grips where the bearing sits and heat the shaft to cook off the rest of the old loctite. When it's cooled I hit it with some light sandpaper. For the outdrive, I will heat that again and when it's cooled I will use a small flathead screwdriver to scrape out all of the old loctite I can. If you don't get the old loctite off those parts, getting them back together is a royal female dog.

Hello everyone. How do you even get to the front drivecup? Should I pull the whole front end off the truck? Not sure if the front and back would come off as a single chunk but it looks like it to me. It seems pulling the rear off that way would be best as well but I'm not sure. Maybe just pulling the center diff out is all I would need to do in order to tap those input gears out of the diff case? Any help on this would be appreciated.

Hello everyone. How do you even get to the front drivecup? Should I pull the whole front end off the truck? Not sure if the front and back would come off as a single chunk but it looks like it to me. It seems pulling the rear off that way would be best as well but I'm not sure. Maybe just pulling the center diff out is all I would need to do in order to tap those input gears out of the diff case? Any help on this would be appreciated.
You can do it without taking the gearbox off but it is much much easier to do with it out of the truck, so I would take it out. The front is a bit more work to remove as you have to work around the top plate and steering rack but the rear is pretty simple. Use a lot of heat on the grub screw, or any screw going into metal for that matter, that holds the cup on the diff pinion and you will probably need a punch to get the cup off.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back