Tenergy Tb6ac 80w charger troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typhon2016

Reaction score
So I've had this charger for a year or so and its been great thus far. I always charge lipos in balance mode with no problems until recently.
I purchased a 4s gensacearespammers lipo, charged it once, ran in my typhon, once. Went to charge again and got a low cell warning. 3 of 4 cells at 3.7, while the 4th was at 2.6...
Then I checked the battery with a bx100 low voltage tester and all 4 cells were 3.7...
So I decided to check a few other lipos I have. Same results whether it was a 2 or 4 cell battery. The charger always read one cell was much lower...while the low voltage tester showed the batteries to be in perfect working order.
Not sure how to proceed. Seems my charger has a problem. Going to check it out with a multimeter tomorrow. Any other suggestions or insight would be appreciated.

If you are using one of those balance board leads, check that. Or rather don't use it, plug the battery balance lead directly into the charger, and see if that works.

I've had those little boards fail, and do what you describe.

The charger has the balance board built into it. However I'm thinking the balance board is the problem

So, your not using an external board, just the ports on the end of the charger?
media.nl

Probably won't do you any good if the connector right in the charger is bad. I was just confirming that you were already plugging it right into the charger directly. Odds are, most of those pins all end up in the spot on the circuit board, but, perhaps not. If your handy with a soldering iron, it might be worth taking the end plate off and resoldering all the pins to the board for the connector. Worse case, you ruin it... but it's not doing you much good now anyway since you can't use it to charge much of anything lipo. Could just be a cold/weak solder joint causing you issues and touching each one with a bit of new solder might fix it.

I ended up ordering a icharger 106b. Should be plenty of charger for my needs.
Probably open up the tenergy like you say and see what I find. Nothing to lose now

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back