Terremoto V2 MT wheels & tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julian

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Wow. After so many tries. I am so freakin happy with these tires. They are absolutely perfect. They ballon but I'm learning to massage the throttle a bit. They cut into the grass so hard I find myself almost turning over. On cement - they can do 180s with a flick. I'm very impressed. These were 63 bucks shipped. Ok - pictures from tires at the bottom from right to left. Ordered blue shell, shock shafts & shock bodies. I didn't see any bending in the shocks after taking them off. Figure to replace shock bodies & shaft will get me bouncing again. The Terremotos are also significantly more harder - very sticky and firm. I really like how tall they are from the sides.
  • KFactory 3.8 6.0
  • KFactory 3.8 6.5
  • SRC Terrain Crushers
  • DBoots Nero Stockers./sand scorpions?
  • Redcat Avalanche MTs
  • ProLine Super Swampers
  • RedCat Terremoto V2 MTs on Nero.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    108.1 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
The RedCat Terremoto V2MT tires handle full throttle and the rear stays planted - however the front wheels seem to be pulling much harder - which speaks slipper clutch tightening as when brand new and going back to go pro footage - the acceleration allowed wheelies at 35+mph - which tells me torque should lean rearward. significant torque is the nature of this beast and when its acting different - I can tell. Took a few smaller jumps and the rear stays down - these shocks are blown out. I ordered new shafts and shock bodies - which I will install. Never done that before - what rear shock oil should I use?

The RedCat Terremoto V2MT tires handle full throttle and the rear stays planted - however the front wheels seem to be pulling much harder - which speaks slipper clutch tightening as when brand new and going back to go pro footage - the acceleration allowed wheelies at 35+mph - which tells me torque should lean rearward. significant torque is the nature of this beast and when its acting different - I can tell. Took a few smaller jumps and the rear stays down - these shocks are blown out. I ordered new shafts and shock bodies - which I will install. Never done that before - what rear shock oil should I use?
ok - dropping Oliver off at day camp. Took out the Nero for the kids. Did a wheelie and POP. both front tires exploded. I have now wasted 200$ on proline super swampers and now REDCRAP tires. I guess it's onto Duratrax Six Pack MTs. Another 99$ bucks - I could get a Losi 10MT with this tire money I am endlessly spending.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    262.9 KB · Views: 87
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 92
Buy the belted SRC Terrain Crushers.

Mine are holding up well on my Kraton
An option as I have two already. REDCRAP is sending me two replacements. But that is nice to see - they look pretty nice too. I'm sure that Kraton gets above 65mph with those. Very very nice. My SRC terrain crushers are below

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 74
Might be my next R/C! I like the look of the Terremoto in Black

ok - dropping Oliver off at day camp. Took out the Nero for the kids. Did a wheelie and POP. both front tires exploded. I have now wasted 200$ on proline super swampers and now REDCRAP tires. I guess it's onto Duratrax Six Pack MTs. Another 99$ bucks - I could get a Losi 10MT with this tire money I am endlessly spending.
Hey Julian you should put your pics of all your blown tires on the Arrma Damage sticky in General chaos & any wrecks you might of been in.
:cool:Thanks for testing tires for the rest of us, i have a bunch of rc4wd & proline tires im hesitant to put on my Nero. I can't afford to replace them.o_O

Might be my next R/C! I like the look of the Terremoto in Black
They lasted about a month on 6s. The terremoto is a4s truck.
Hey Julian you should put your pics of all your blown tires on the Arrma Damage sticky in General chaos & any wrecks you might of been in.
:cool:Thanks for testing tires for the rest of us, i have a bunch of rc4wd & proline tires im hesitant to put on my Nero. I can't afford to replace them.o_O
i got a zippy 6s brick for the Kraton and have hpi Goliath MTs. Going half throttle and never punching it. Tires holding so far so good. I will my friend. Can post a lot of blown tire pics.

Wow. After so many tries. I am so freakin happy with these tires. They are absolutely perfect. They ballon but I'm learning to massage the throttle a bit. They cut into the grass so hard I find myself almost turning over. On cement - they can do 180s with a flick. I'm very impressed. These were 63 bucks shipped. Ok - pictures from tires at the bottom from right to left. Ordered blue shell, shock shafts & shock bodies. I didn't see any bending in the shocks after taking them off. Figure to replace shock bodies & shaft will get me bouncing again. The Terremotos are also significantly more harder - very sticky and firm. I really like how tall they are from the sides.
  • KFactory 3.8 6.0
  • KFactory 3.8 6.5
  • SRC Terrain Crushers
  • Redcat Avalanche MTs
  • ProLine Super Swampers
I took your advice and bought the terremoto tires, So far, Great choice, But I have a question. I find the mounting area of wheel very thick and wheel nuts do not go on all the way. What did you do to properly fit the wheel nut? I ordered the terremoto hexes. Is this what you did?

I took your advice and bought the terremoto tires, So far, Great choice, But I have a question. I find the mounting area of wheel very thick and wheel nuts do not go on all the way. What did you do to properly fit the wheel nut? I ordered the terremoto hexes. Is this what you did?
I'm baffled. I did nothing at all. I just mounted them. Maybe they are not offset version? Actually I don't think there is. Just pound em on the hex nice and tight and screw in. Pls take the time to Re glue em as they are made for a 4s truck. If your running 4s - no worry but 6s? They WILL blow bro. Running my new HPI Goliaths on 6s like a fool but staying half throttle. These are truly great - even on6s they balloon but don't rip like all of those prolines

Attachments

• IMG_0237.JPG
    IMG_0237.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 70
I bought the Terremoto wheel hexes. Fit great but had to make a thin bushing between the hex and bearing. These hexes fit the Terremoto wheels much better.

I bought the Terremoto wheel hexes. Fit great but had to make a thin bushing between the hex and bearing. These hexes fit the Terremoto wheels much better.
They look great - Hoping your enjoying them - also hoping you re-glued them if your running 6S!!!

Just got a new set of BigRock Wheels & tires

• KFactory 3.8 6.0
  • KFactory 3.8 6.5
  • SRC Terrain Crushers
  • Redcat Avalanche MTs
  • ProLine Super Swampers
Hey Julian, I'm curious, it's been almost 2 yrs since you posted this - hope you're still following - anyway, how did the redcat terremoto tires hold up for you? What about dboot copperheads? have you tried them? i've got a redcat and an ERBE right now I'm messing with and trying to figure out a tire set - i ended up to recently pick up an e-revo after traxxas sued over the nero design (super sad cause i wanted the nero - thing was built like a tank comparedto the erbe) anwyay, having issues finding tires for the fragile drivetrain that handle well and don't come apart... Not a fan of the SRC tires - but i am running 6s 90c smc batteries so i've got hella punch factor...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back