Kraton tested a motor who i though was dead but he works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surchaufeur

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
  4. Notorious
i don't know if you remember but back 3-4 months ago my first motor blew a bearing out and when i checked inside the can i saw a lot of windings arround the bearing seat copper wires everywhere And i imedietly thought the motor was done and shorted. And i decided to plug it in today and he works like. Is he safe to use im not planing to use it atm because my 4s kraton motor is working fine at the moment. What do you guys would do if this happened to you?
I don't have a multimeter to test if its really shorted or not

Do you have photos of the inside of the motor? Hard to say without have seen the damages.

But if you think it can have a shortcut somewhere at any moment, it would be hasardous, and it will able to surely kill the esc at any moment too.

Do you have photos of the inside of the motor? Hard to say without have seen the damages.

But if you think it can have a shortcut somewhere at any moment, it would be hasardous, and it will able to surely kill the esc at any moment too.
I kinda bushed the wires to the side with my driver when i took it apart we cant really see the windings anymore

This^

Based on your description, I definately would not use it. Bad idea IMO..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back