Kraton Testing shock setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisexv6

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Son and I have always wondered why the suspension seems "soft" on our (purchased used) Kraton 6S v3 (stock shocks and springs). We're used to our old nitro Savage, which was much firmer but not enough that it cause driveability issues. "Chassis slap" was non-existent no matter how hard we bashed with it.

Our Kraton, though, will chassis slap our dining room floor if dropped from about 1.5 feet. Totally not what we're used to. BUT, that doesn't mean its not right.

So, Im asking you guys :) We like to bash, fairly hard, so Im curious what we should be aiming for. Some chassis slap seems acceptable, but right now it seems too soft. The shocks arent leaking, are "full" of 80w oil (with 2mm of top of body), maybe 1/3 to 1/5 rebound without the springs on. Front and rear are both in the center shock tower position. I added some preload to gain a little bit of ride height...they are all even, the suspension itself does not seem to be binding. No bent pins that I can tell, etc.

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

Think thats one of the most common setups on these cars.
I have 80w oil front and rear and i like it. It will chassie slap if you bash it hard, i think if your gonna aim for no chassie slap other things will break. But maybe try 100w? Or switch to some stiffer springs.

Think thats one of the most common setups on these cars.
I have 80w oil front and rear and i like it. It will chassie slap if you bash it hard, i think if your gonna aim for no chassie slap other things will break. But maybe try 100w? Or switch to some stiffer springs.

Yeah as I read more and more, it looks like for what I want, maybe stiffer springs would help. Also curious how the shock tower position would affect it all....Arrmas website has an article about it and basically said if you want to land huge jumps and "walk away from it", outer position for front and rear is how to do it. Didnt want to try that just yet because we have the bigger stand-offs so I have to 4mm drill the shocktowers (they are already drilled in the center position).

Any suggestions where to find stiffer springs? When I look I see references to Tekno orange but I know they are softer than the springs already on there (since we have a v3)

Ok, i didnt know that about the holes in the shock tower.
No, sorry no suggestions on springs. And yes the V1 and V2 had softer springs as you say and people changed to Tekno springs.

don't know how long you’ve had the car, but maybe drive it some more and get a little bit more used to it id you are used to the Savege from before?
Maybe you will sacrifice other things by make it to stiff. If your not just ONLY going for huge jumps.

The chassie slap is’nt really a problem for the car itself.
Have you seen Rich Duperbashs videos on youtube? If not, check it out. I think he is also using 80w and stock springs in his Kraton :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back