Mojave Testing the Mojave EXB DashCam Ver2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFuzz1542

Tweak and Upgrade everything!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
So I finally got around to testing the new dash-cam mount (and get around to editing the video) and I must say I happy with its position and how well it's holding the camera in place. The Mojave soft suspension and the rigidness of the roll cage does a fairly good job making the video smooth (compared to a body mount) and I think I'm going to leave the mount design alone for now. I will be uploading it to Thingiverse if anyone wants to print it to mount a Hero GoPro Session to their Mojave. Check out the video to see how it looks, personally I love seeing the roll cage and hood.

20201201_114207.jpg

20201201_114210.jpg

Last edited:
Pics please!
I’ve got mine mounted to the center of the cage so it rests on top of the center loop. Pretty sturdy without the cockpit. Zero editing skills tho...

Pics please!
I’ve got mine mounted to the center of the cage so it rests on top of the center loop. Pretty sturdy without the cockpit. Zero editing skills tho...
Oops meant to attach those, I'll put them up in the post. These photos were taken while testing so I was only using zip ties but they actually worked fairly well and also allow me to easily pull the memory card without having to undo anything, so I may actually keep them on it. Originally it was supposed to be screwed in and a drone battery strap holding the camera to the mount. I like your video especially the part where the air lifts your car, happens to me a lot haha.

20201201_114210.jpg

Oh wow that cam is a lot smaller. Which one is that!?

That looks like a GoPro Hero Session. Unfortunately they stopped making them a few years back. You can still find some on Ebay. Great little cameras, perfect for RC cars and drones, if you are into that.

They are tough as nails and can really take a beating.

Nice, love it. Tons of fun with the in car camera. I am stuck debating putting the driver back in, or keeping them out. I like to watch the suspension work.
I mounted to the roll cage center bracket that mates with the chassis brace as well. I hacked up a plastic go pro mount that was laying around. I put foam between the mount and the roll cage, and zip ties into place. The camera screws into place. It's an old hero 4.
Our latest video bashin around the backyard track.

IMG_20210204_112500.jpg

IMG_20210204_112326.jpg

Oh wow that cam is a lot smaller. Which one is that!?
It's the GoPro Hero Session 5 with the Quad Copter Case. The were great cameras because of their size and centered lens they were perfect for quad copters, my only complaint is they didn't have a replaceable battery. Surprised they don't make them anymore, they used to sell out of them all the time because all the drone people were buying them up left and right however there are still some on Amazon and other places but honestly there are other RC Cam companies who make HD cameras that are almost the identical size.

I also have a video that I'm working on that where I was racing the Mojave against a bunch of 1/10 short course trucks. It was funny to see the Mojave push its way through.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back