Mojave Testing Ver 1 Of The Passenger Compartment GoPro Mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFuzz1542

Tweak and Upgrade everything!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I wanted onboard video from my Mojave EXB and wanted the GoPro inside of the passenger compartment due to it being better protected and I like the view the camera gets inside the roll cage. Due to the arms of the "driver" and "navigator" there wasn't a flat enough surface to mount the camera so I drew and 3D printed one that fits around the arms. As you can see in the video it is aimed a little low so Ver 2 sits a little higher, it is printed however I haven't had a chance to install and test yet. Just for testing I am using zip ties however once I am happy with the mount it will use straps from my quad copter batteries. For now the camera sits in a TPU GoPro Sessions shell for drone racing but I will be making one that will fit better in the Passenger compartment. Once i am happy with everything I will be upload to Thingiverse and post a link if any one would one.

20201201_114207.jpg
20201201_114210.jpg

Looks great!
I'm also looking for a good camera-position. Allthough my camara is a bit bigger, I'm going to try to put it in the same spot.
The big problem I see is how am I going to insert or remove my camera without having to take the body apart. (maybe driver 2 has to go)
Yea I can just barely work with it but it is a pain. I may just leave the Zip Ties on permanently just so I can open the side door to the camera to charge and grab the SD card. As of right now it is easier to take the cage off the body and I don't want to have to do that every time I want to take the Mojave out.
That's some pretty sweet pov action
Thank you!

Yea I can just barely work with it but it is a pain. I may just leave the Zip Ties on permanently just so I can open the side door to the camera to charge and grab the SD card. As of right now it is easier to take the cage off the body and I don't want to have to do that every time I want to take the Mojave out.

Thank you!
Did you ever figure out a new design to alleviate the pain of removing the cage to "service" the camera? Curious what you've done! Did you ever post the files to Thingiverse or other site?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back