Thank you I’ve learned a lot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldgoat

Reaction score
Thank you
This is what I’ve done to build up and prevent some problems.
Removed both diffs, filled, and shimmed.
Aluminum yokes.
Replaced bell crank and shimmed. Only slop is in the balls.
Shimmed slipper clutch. Wasn’t expecting this but it is a lot quieter.
I got a 3D printed motor end support. Fits nice and bolts down.
Slipper shaft sleeve.
652 servo from Jenny’s.
Spare parts from Jenny’s
Lock tight
I think these things I learned on here saved me some troubles down the road. Only thing that bothers me still is the rod ends. Sloppy even with different balls.
Thank you for all the info!
Plus if something does go wrong I’ve had the whole thing apart and can easily fix it wherever I am.

Thank you
This is what I’ve done to build up and prevent some problems.
Removed both diffs, filled, and shimmed.
Aluminum yokes.
Replaced bell crank and shimmed. Only slop is in the balls.
Shimmed slipper clutch. Wasn’t expecting this but it is a lot quieter.
I got a 3D printed motor end support. Fits nice and bolts down.
Slipper shaft sleeve.
652 servo from Jenny’s.
Spare parts from Jenny’s
Lock tight
I think these things I learned on here saved me some troubles down the road. Only thing that bothers me still is the rod ends. Sloppy even with different balls.
Thank you for all the info!
Plus if something does go wrong I’ve had the whole thing apart and can easily fix it wherever I am.
what car is this on?

Well I guess I started a new thread to just show some respect. I also think some people may look at new threads when they start off looking. And maybe someone like above may not have picked up on something I wrote.
So like I said I appreciate a lot of people on here and have some respect.

What information are you interested in?
I’m not sure I can lead you to the thread but I can tell you what I found. I’ve spent countless time jus reading.

I have sloppy balls too. But it’s not on my car! Be careful… these guys will corrupt you! I had one rig. Joined this forum? 7 rigs deep and just fixed my DBXLE. My first major repair. Don’t care what ya got… someone on here has already been there and done that. Respect the respect sir!

Well I guess I started a new thread to just show some respect. I also think some people may look at new threads when they start off looking. And maybe someone like above may not have picked up on something I wrote.
So like I said I appreciate a lot of people on here and have some respect.

What information are you interested in?
I’m not sure I can lead you to the thread but I can tell you what I found. I’ve spent countless time jus reading.
I guess I'm just curious on the specifics of the shimming

Well I got some techno shims for my bell crank system to stop it from moving up and down on the posts. The thread was called no more slop.

Shimming the diff is all over the forum. You can get shims to move the ring gear towards or away from the pinion, or the pinion towards or away from ring gear. This will get you a perfect gear mesh. I bought two Vorteks and out of the four diffs I felt I had to shim three of them. Only one had a good mesh.

As for shimming the slipper it seems controversial on here. Some say the spring in the driveshaft is enough to keep it in place. I found both my slippers had a lot of movement. I wound up putting a shim on each side and it has it perfectly centered. The thing that amazed me that I wasn’t expecting is how much quieter it made it.
If you can’t find the threads on these I will put up the part numbers I used.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back