Outcast That first Outcast build didn't work very well

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwiZted SkullZ

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So having to fab new body mounts and re-position the wheelie bar to fit the Baja body on my Outcast,
I guess I should have taken into account how much these cars actually weigh.
And when they crash after doing a few ramp induced backflips,landing on the lid can take it's toll!
CIMG3653.JPG

So a re-design was in order,especially on the wheelie bar.
This is plan "B"!
"B" for beefier!
CIMG3655.JPG

Re-enforced the bottom brace for more support for those times when landing wheelie bar first.
CIMG3656.JPG

Done welding,everything "seems" to fit,time to PC the new pieces.
CIMG3660.JPG

Put'er back together!
CIMG3663.JPG

Body mounts and wheelie bar are much stronger now,with no excessive play like there was before.
CIMG3662.JPG

And the body still fits!
CIMG3665.JPG

Going to try and use 1/4" steel brake line for the roll cage,but I'm waiting for my new Virb to arrive
so I can kind of build around it.
An on board camera that shows MPH and a bunch of other features should make for some really cool videos.

O' and I added T-Bone Typhon front bumper.
CIMG3659.JPG

Impressive, to say the least!
Beefier indeed...almost makes you want to have some bad landings just to see how well your Frankenstein holds up! ;)

So having to fab new body mounts and re-position the wheelie bar to fit the Baja body on my Outcast,
I guess I should have taken into account how much these cars actually weigh.
And when they crash after doing a few ramp induced backflips,landing on the lid can take it's toll!
View attachment 6474

So a re-design was in order,especially on the wheelie bar.
This is plan "B"!
"B" for beefier!
View attachment 6475
Re-enforced the bottom brace for more support for those times when landing wheelie bar first.
View attachment 6476

Done welding,everything "seems" to fit,time to PC the new pieces.
View attachment 6477

Put'er back together!
View attachment 6478

Body mounts and wheelie bar are much stronger now,with no excessive play like there was before.
View attachment 6479

And the body still fits!
View attachment 6481
Going to try and use 1/4" steel brake line for the roll cage,but I'm waiting for my new Virb to arrive
so I can kind of build around it.
An on board camera that shows MPH and a bunch of other features should make for some really cool videos.

O' and I added T-Bone Typhon front bumper.
View attachment 6482
I'm impressed with the custom work, looks pretty thought out with nice fabrication. What material are you using for tower to tower brace?

Had to re-fab a new wheelie bar brace as the old one bent/broke on a really hard/bad ramp landing.
The new one is steel,added a little more weight,but at least it's in the back end of the Outcast.

CIMG3737.JPG

Kind of looks like a Bic razor! :D

CIMG3738.JPG

Ouch. My initial thoughts with my OutCast were "wow these tires are huge" followed by me lifting it up and saying "wow this thing is heavy!"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back