The beaten horse, servo help...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walküre

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
I’ve been looking for a good servo for my Typhon 6S for a bit now. I have a Hot Racing arm already so I want to stick with a 25T servo. I’m going Spektrum with AVC soon so it needs to be digital. Is this a good pic or what?

Savox SC-1258TG Super Speed Titanium Gear Standard Digital Servo

the 1210 is cheaper i think and plenty of servo for a typhon...

I'd run something with a bit more torque. I think you want closer to at least 200oz for a 1/8th buggy. The Savox SW-1210SG has been working well in my outcast. I'll never not run waterproof servos again. Just not worth the hassle and cost since I seem to always find water.

I have a 1210sg in my typhon and love it. I am also using a castle waterproof BEC at 7.5v with no issues. As well as the hot racing servo mount. I'm pretty sure the 1210sg requires a taller mount or you will have to put spacers between the servo and the stock mount.

I’ll be getting a HR servo mount too. Am I able to run this servo with stock electronics? Might bee a wile before I get the radio.

Yes you can run stock esc, motor and radio system. You can run that servo without an external bec but you will be getting less torque and speed. Stock esc only puts out 6v. Here's the specs for the 1210sg
Specifications:
Dimensions (mm): 40.6x20.7x42.0
Weight (g): 71
Speed @6.0V: .15 sec/60
Speed @7.4V: .13 sec/60
Torque @6.0V: 277.7 oz-in (20.0kg)
Torque @7.4V: 444.4 oz-in (32.0kg)
Gear:
Unique Steel
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Aluminum middle
Output Shaft: 25 Tooth Spline

I saw all the 6V stats, didn't see any 7.4V info. Very nice. My concern was with a digital servo on the factory system. I'll be doing a BEC in the future as well, good to know if can handle the extra power plus the performance difference is a bonus.

Just ordered one and the rest of the Tekno parts for my shocks. Lol, I ordered a 224mm wing too. I got some red aluminium wing buttons not realizing the stock wing has the buttons molded in. After trying to get them out for half an hour i looked on the Arrma website and scrolled through the parts. Should have done that first...

Last edited:
Glad I ordered my new servo. My factory servo stripped its gears today. I was ripping up and down my street and jumping some humps in the road when it stopped turning to the right. I knew it had issues. After installing my Hot Racing steering rack the only play left up front was at the servo shaft. The servo horn would wiggle about 1/8” back and forth.

I had a new factory servo from JRC but I put it in my daughters Redcat.

I'll just chime in my 2 cents here.

For a 1/8th buggy I would look at a servo that can do at the very least 250oz/in of torque at 6v. For a truggy or monster truck I would start looking at the 300oz/in+ servos. Also try to get something with a speed of .14 or lower.

In my opinion if sticking with the stock esc the best combo for these vehicles is the Savox 1210SG https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Savox-...13b3a4c7:g:cREAAOSwkLhaMryT:rk:27??0&LH_BIN=1 with a Castle BEC.
There are 2 versions of the Castle BEC that you want to get. One is this for $19.99 https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle-creations-10-amp-adjustable-bec-cse010-0004-00/p18210?r=0 or this is the waterproof one for $39.99 https://www.amainhobbies.com/castle...ltage-regulator-15-amp-cse010-0153-00/p575484.
This setup will give you a servo that has 444oz/in of torque and a speed of 0.13 sec/60 deg but will set you back $100-$120 but is well worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back