Limitless The danger of speedrunning, how i lost part of my toe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like retargeting adds, your wife is probably looking for some fancy shoes. Meanwhile she probably sends screenshots to her friends wondering why her pintrest is showing rc monstertucks everywhere ;)
I hope that's not the case.cause if other things I look up,pop up is be in trouble ...🤣😂
My ole lady is more cowboy boots than heels...we are some red-necks

Holy sh*t veel beterschap kerel

Sorry about the accident. Heel quickly (pun intended).
Seriously, that could never have been foreseen. After two or three repeats of the video, one thing is painfully apparent; you had no chance of getting out of the way. The car was too close to you when it went out of control. It wouldn't even make sense to ask you why you didn't get out of the way.

NOW, where are the pictures? You paid enough for them.

NOW, where are the pictures? You paid enough for them.
I still have a gigantic open wound that will take weeks to heal before any cosmetic reconstruction can be done.
I've shared pictures of the current situation with some close friends and the general reaction is still shocking. I don't think its something i should share on this forum.

I still have a gigantic open wound that will take weeks to heal before any cosmetic reconstruction can be done.
I've shared pictures of the current situation with some close friends and the general reaction is still shocking. I don't think its something i should share on this forum.
For sure a PM only situation. Please don’t share generally

Dude, I have a very dry sense of humor. Hey, I grew up in New York. I don't want to see the pictures. Working in a psychiatric intensive care admissions unit. I have seen everything. have a speedy recovery and to anyone who asks you "why didn't you try to get out of the way" - no explanation needed. You had NO time to react. Get better quick, and get back on the horse. Regards, Dave

So speedrunning has marked me for life, i lost part of my big toe.

Obviously there was a chain of events leading up to this horrible event.
Did some testing with my rebuilt rig on 6S, all was fine. Figured it was time to put it on the road with 8S, but blew a bearing at my rear diff. Quickly replaced it and rushed back to my spot. My country has it's euro cup opening game and i wanted to be back in time to watch it. A silly mistake made me lose my rear spolier but it still felt stable enough to do a quick benchmark/datalog run (so no full pull). Done this 100x times so i never expected this to happen:

An extreme adrenaline rush, made me pack up all my stuff, even had to move the car because a lose battery was stuck between the road and my front tire. I figured my foot was hurt but initially i was more concerned about the smashed battery pack. Drove home, put the battery pack at a safe place and rushed to the freezer to fetch some coolpacks.

Then I finally took of my shoe and saw the liveleak worthy blood and gore.(i wont show pictures) I ended up watching the game at the emergency room. My big toe took the full impact and was spliced in two horizontally. The top phalanx is completely shattered and the top part cut of (nail including tissue below) Today i had my first surgery where the cleaned up the wound and removed all shattered pieces. Now the tissue has to heal before reconstruction surgery can be done.
I recommend investing in a jump rope and practicing. Hope you heal well

So speedrunning has marked me for life, i lost part of my big toe.

Obviously there was a chain of events leading up to this horrible event.
Did some testing with my rebuilt rig on 6S, all was fine. Figured it was time to put it on the road with 8S, but blew a bearing at my rear diff. Quickly replaced it and rushed back to my spot. My country has it's euro cup opening game and i wanted to be back in time to watch it. A silly mistake made me lose my rear spolier but it still felt stable enough to do a quick benchmark/datalog run (so no full pull). Done this 100x times so i never expected this to happen:

An extreme adrenaline rush, made me pack up all my stuff, even had to move the car because a lose battery was stuck between the road and my front tire. I figured my foot was hurt but initially i was more concerned about the smashed battery pack. Drove home, put the battery pack at a safe place and rushed to the freezer to fetch some coolpacks.

Then I finally took of my shoe and saw the liveleak worthy blood and gore.(i wont show pictures) I ended up watching the game at the emergency room. My big toe took the full impact and was spliced in two horizontally. The top phalanx is completely shattered and the top part cut of (nail including tissue below) Today i had my first surgery where the cleaned up the wound and removed all shattered pieces. Now the tissue has to heal before reconstruction surgery can be done.
Got ran over by my felony at about 100mph.its like a Rocket on wheels. broke my leg tib and fib shattered ankle. I now have a rod in my leg and been out of commission for 4 months. Didn't know what happened till the next day when I came to in the hospital.my car is a hot mess chassis beyond bent looks like a v waiting on new one so I can rebuild and get back out there.I will be off the ground next time. In the meantime I have my trucks boats and took up flying lol. I Wish I knew how to put pic of my car on here.

IMG_1713.jpg

I truely hope that's not from torpedo-ing your toe?!

<edit as i didn't see the post before the picture>
Reading your story, i might just be the lucky one.
I am 3 weeks in now. I seem to be able walk again for brief moments. Big wounds surrounding my boneless blob of a toe have picked up an unbelievable high pace of growing shut. I wouldn't be surprised if corrective surgery will be skipped entirely.

Last edited:
I am 3 weeks in now. I seem to be able walk again for brief moments. Big wounds surrounding my boneless blob of a toe have picked up an unbelievable high pace of growing shut. I wouldn't be surprised if corrective surgery will be skipped entirely.

That is great news, glad things are improving!

It is a very dangerous game. Can hit physical, psychological, and financial aspects o_O

I've saved a list of all RC speed run crash my crew and I had over the last 18 months.

I thought that was the only reason to have a YT channel… crashes? At least that’s all my channel has 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It is a very dangerous game. Can hit physical, psychological, and financial aspects o_O

I've saved a list of all RC speed run crash my crew and I had over the last 18 months.

I thought that was the only reason to have a YT channel… crashes? At least that’s all my channel has 🤣🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
If your YT channel only shows crashes people will start to think you do that on purpuse ;)

The road to insane speeds can be though! Crashing is part of it all the way... Still sidelined I feel like professor X waiting for the other X-men to come back from their adventures, showing me their video's. Prefer crashes and PB's, keep them coming :p

hahaha yes for bashing indeed people love to see trucks being wrecked but compare to speed running whenever we crash it does hurt the pocket more hahahaha
If your YT channel only shows crashes people will start to think you do that on purpuse ;)

The road to insane speeds can be though! Crashing is part of it all the way... Still sidelined I feel like professor X waiting for the other X-men to come back from their adventures, showing me their video's. Prefer crashes and PB's, keep them coming :p
Hahaha some people I guess do it on purpose quite expensive though. 😅 I myself just like to share everything crashes or pb doesn't matter run is a run hahaha shows your progress and hard work you've been through too :)

I'm surprised that you keep so many of your runs as straight as you do considering how much sand is blowing over the roads where you run. Sorry to hear about the Infraction, but I know that you understand that's just one of the risks we take each time we go out and push the outer limits.

I'm surprised that you keep so many of your runs as straight as you do considering how much sand is blowing over the roads where you run. Sorry to hear about the Infraction, but I know that you understand that's just one of the risks we take each time we go out and push the outer limits.
I was amazed as well. I think having a wider road helps with a margin of error, but keeping the wheels down is hard for me with wind. Maybe my road really is hurting me with the tar stripes. I do have alternate roads nearby that I have been slowly trying out. Maybe it’s time to explore some more.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back