The day the Notorious went for a swim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
I introduce to you, this three part saga, that takes place at this incredible bashing construction site I discovered last week. In true Johnny fashion, I ignored the big "no trespassing" sign, as I felt it was meant for someone else. This was day one at the new site, and everything was going incredibly, til the moment it happened. Again, no editing, no music, truck is out of the frame half the time, and I suck at videos as much as I suck at driving rc's. But it's all about entertainment. Warning to my fellow members. If you choose to bash on a hill, make sure you know what's at the bottom of the other side, just in case you mess up that one time.......

Just a continuation of the good times, not a care in the world. You like to back flip and front flip, meh. I like to roll, nose dive and cartwheel. But dam, do I like to peg that throttle on the open areas. Love this 6s beast, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

5 more minutes, but I know most of you will fast forward to the part you really want to laugh at. And for those of you who've been wondering how waterproof the Arrma's are, not enough to be submerged upside down for at least 10 minutes. That's how long it took me to find a stick, walk around the hill to get to where it was, and fish it out. Wheels were still spinning slowly when I got there. Lost my shoes in the mud twice, and had to carry that beast back over the crappy terrain to the road. What a day, live and learn. Now to the final episode.

Feel like watching that I don't know whether to laugh or cry for you, :ROFLMAO: ...yet I had to laugh at the moment you were looking for it as I could see it in the water churning up silt/mud with the wheels still turning.

Have you managed to dry it out completely yet?
Hope you get it back up and running easily.

5 more minutes, but I know most of you will fast forward to the part you really want to laugh at. And for those of you who've been wondering how waterproof the Arrma's are, not enough to be submerged upside down for at least 10 minutes. That's how long it took me to find a stick, walk around the hill to get to where it was, and fish it out. Wheels were still spinning slowly when I got there. Lost my shoes in the mud twice, and had to carry that beast back over the crappy terrain to the road. What a day, live and learn. Now to the final episode.
Duuuude!! That sucks!!

Silver lining: you have an excuse to buy a new rig!!!...lose-win!! High five!

First off, props to Johnny's camera person.
blindal.jpg

Now I will admit I skipped right to the last video and right to the end. That was hysterical! When you crested the ridge and were just looking around dumbfounded......where'd it go? :ROFLMAO: And then when you put all the pieces together....IT'S IN THE WATER! IT'S IN THE WATER! I NEED A STICK! I NEED A BIG STICK! Panic ensues. F@cking classic. I was dying!

First off, props to Johnny's camera person.

Now I will admit I skipped right to the last video and right to the end. That was hysterical! When you crested the ridge and were just looking around dumbfounded......where'd it go? :ROFLMAO: And then when you put all the pieces together....IT'S IN THE WATER! IT'S IN THE WATER! I NEED A STICK! I NEED A BIG STICK! Panic ensues. F@cking classic. I was dying!
And making people laugh is what it's all about. The phone is mounted to the remote, and usually I manage to keep the truck in the frame. One day Ed, one day.

Duuuude!! That sucks!!

Silver lining: you have an excuse to buy a new rig!!!...lose-win!! High five!
All I needed was and esc and servo. Already had a back up blx 185, and stole a servo out of my "other" truck. Gonna take the difs out tonight. Already have all three spares shimmed, new bearings and ready to go. I'll tear apart the ones that went in the water, and get em cleaned up.

All I needed was and esc and servo. Already had a back up blx 185, and stole a servo out of my "other" truck. Gonna take the difs out tonight. Already have all three spares shimmed, new bearings and ready to go. I'll tear apart the ones that went in the water, and get em cleaned up.
I tried to help...you wanna rebuild "swamp thang" over getting a new rig?!? Be my guest. Personally...if I were you...I'd get a new rig and THEEEN try to restore the "mop bucket". Lol!!
Seriously, good luck on ringing it out. Keep us posted. I'm curious how it turns out.

Thanks for all the great reactions and comments guys. I'm totally cool with those who want to poke some fun, because that's who I am. For those who are thinking that this was a catastrophe, it wasn't. Yeah, I needed to change the esc and servo, but this location was a real blast to bash in, and sometimes your run ends with some sort of damage/carnage. We hit trees, curbs, mail box posts, other cars, land the wrong way (always for me) and a host of other things that damage our beautiful beasts. They are Arrma Tough, and usually only need a little tlc to get them back up and running again. So go out and bash, then bash harder, and while you're bashing, make sure you have a blast. That's the way we roll in the Arrma family.

Arrma logo.png
don't JUST BASH BLAST LOGO.jpg

I tried to help...you wanna rebuild "swamp thang" over getting a new rig?!? Be my guest. Personally...if I were you...I'd get a new rig and THEEEN try to restore the "mop bucket". Lol!!
Seriously, good luck on ringing it out. Keep us posted. I'm curious how it turns out.
If you look at the other video posts I uploaded today, you can see that she's back up and running, and going like a bat out of hell! The new videos from last night, have the Outcast body on. Will I get a new Arrma? Maybe, but it might be a 3s before I get another 6s. Hopefully some flat out rips at WOT, and she'll dry out all by herself;)
Here's a link to the thread with the videos from last night
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...s-of-rips-flips-tumbles-and-good-times.11547/

Thanks for all the great reactions and comments guys. I'm totally cool with those who want to poke some fun, because that's who I am. For those who are thinking that this was a catastrophe, it wasn't. Yeah, I needed to change the esc and servo, but this location was a real blast to bash in, and sometimes your run ends with some sort of damage/carnage. We hit trees, curbs, mail box posts, other cars, land the wrong way (always for me) and a host of other things that damage our beautiful beasts. They are Arrma Tough, and usually only need a little tlc to get them back up and running again. So go out and bash, then bash harder, and while you're bashing, make sure you have a blast. That's the way we roll in the Arrma family.

View attachment 35193View attachment 35194

I make a ton of videos, Johnny. I could easily edit out every crash and driving mistake but I don't. I don't care if you are Rich Duperbash or any of those guys. Mistakes happen and they can be funny. I love watching my f@ck ups. I wouldn't break balls if I wasn't able to own my own calamities. Just check my latest video to watch me stuff a landing with my Kraton!

I make a ton of videos, Johnny. I could easily edit out every crash and driving mistake but I don't. I don't care if you are Rich Duperbash or any of those guys. Mistakes happen and they can be funny. I love watching my f@ck ups. I wouldn't break balls if I wasn't able to own my own calamities. Just check my latest video to watch me stuff a landing with my Kraton!
This is how we roll my brother, this is how we roll.

I'm about to watch the video on YouTube, and I'm already laughing as I read the title:ROFLMAO: You made that title just for me, didn't you Ed??

My butt clinched when you looked over the hill. My first thought was he's going to pull a bicketybam and fall down that hill.? Glad you didn't get hurt. The truck can be fixed. Looked like you had a great time up until the end.

And making people laugh is what it's all about. The phone is mounted to the remote, and usually I manage to keep the truck in the frame. One day Ed, one day.
I find a head strap the easiest, wherever your looking is what is being recorded, it might feel funny with a phone strapped on your head.

For Arrma NOT editing is probably a great FREE marketing tool. Seeing the abuse these things take and keep going is a huge selling point IMO. That's why I have one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back