The divorce sitting outside my office

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All my clothes are in the spare room. Had to add that bottom rack before she moved in. She gave away at least 50 pairs of shoes, most to my daughter. My daughter then SOLD a lot of them to my ex wife. 😆 She's a chip of the old block!😆

1674507094445.jpeg

HA!

When you have a kid, its harder to keep stuff a secret.. Bought a new body for my Senton, through Jennys so it wasnt that much $.. my wife would've never noticed if it wasnt for my 7 year old saying at the top of his lungs "DID YOU BUY A NEW RC CAR??????"... almost told him "what team are you playing on??" :ROFLMAO:

Wife gave me the stink eye.. with a very dry "is that new?".... me "oh this? naaaw, only this CHEAP plastic thing" 😅
that's my worry my 10 year old will spill the beans on me for sure!!!! Mom did you see Dads new RC cars!!!

Well I already have 2 infractions 1 Fireteam and 6 EXB kratons. These were on sale it’s just so hard to say no when there on sale!
Why do you have 6 kratons what about all the others outcast, notorious, talion, felony, limitless, 6s senton, and the Mojave?

It's called "training".

It has to become and be normal for small packages to arrive now and then. Spare parts etc. If newcomers get over this hurdle they stay in the hobby. Seriously, it is what it is. Not a joke.

Then make sure bigger packages arrive at other dates than only Christmas or birthday. Obviously assuming here your finances allow for that.

When getting new guys into the hobby:
  • At times be careful. Got to know someone who got his rc crawler car. She said something like "if we don't like it we sell it again". :rolleyes: Made the mistake of showing him and her my collection as I thought he could use some help - her beeing such a .... . Her jaw dropped. They have not been here since. Think he never got a new car.

• When the other guy has to take his kids along to rc driving (wife insists) that's it anyway. No way he is staying in the hobby. Too dangerous anyway with kids running around. Usually the excuse is they don't enjoy the wrenching but only the driving and that's why the hobby is not really worth it.

• Other guy never made it past too many WL toys cars. His wife obviously thought he is too stupid to keep them in one piece (spare parts taking weeks to come). Make sure a new buddy buys a good car, at least a Typhon 3s. So the big cost is in the beginning and he can brag that you can get all spare parts. Plus a charger that does not take an hour to charge a single lipo. Best two chargers. Make sure he knows to not run lipos too low. Make sure he gets at 3 lipos so he can drive for at least 45 minutes.
Simple rule:
You measure risk by the cost of failure. Not by the chance of things going wrong. You can be very optimistic when buying a new car if the cost of failure is low.

Low cost of failure: She happy want's to drive too.

High cost of failure: See heading of thread.

;)

Why do you have 6 kratons what about all the others outcast, notorious, talion, felony, limitless, 6s senton, and the Mojave?
Well I have 3 regular Kratons and 3 XL kratons and 1 Fireteam (just a Kraton with a different body). Personally I think the Kraton is the best all around RC you can buy. I have one setup for speed, one setup for launching and one for the track. My son has 2 and I have one for the wife to drive if she wants to come out and drive. I feel we break one or two every time we go out so having 6 helps because even if wee break one or two we have more to drive.

Well I have 3 regular Kratons and 3 XL kratons and 1 Fireteam (just a Kraton with a different body). Personally I think the Kraton is the best all around RC you can buy. I have one setup for speed, one setup for launching and one for the track. My son has 2 and I have one for the wife to drive if she wants to come out and drive. I feel we break one or two every time we go out so having 6 helps because even if wee break one or two we have more to drive.
If she is okay with 6 then 1 more should be okay… there is nothing to worry…
Check your marriage papers, maybe 6 was the max she could tolerate. 👍

Take them home one piece at a time, you might need a bigger lunch box. :)
I picture Andy from Shawshank Redemption dropping pieces of his wall in the courtyard. Only it's @Fishtank dropping dogbones, turnbuckles, ESCs and etc. Not going to ask how he is suppose to get the chassis in, I have seen enough prison shows! :oops:

If she is okay with 6 then 1 more should be okay… there is nothing to worry…
Check your marriage papers, maybe 6 was the max she could tolerate. 👍
She doesn't know I have 6. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I’m trying to NOT draw attention to the RC cars 😂! She sees the new ones she might start looking around the house. It was bad enough when she found the MMX8S/1650kv and 1260kv combos under the bed still in the boxes!
I picture Andy from Shawshank Redemption dropping pieces of his wall in the courtyard. Only it's @Fishtank dropping dogbones, turnbuckles, ESCs and etc. Not going to ask how he is suppose to get the chassis in, I have seen enough prison shows! :oops:
In the prison 5th pocket!! 😂😂😂😂😳
@ Fishtank - once you try the Mojave you suddenly realize how much better it handles than the Kratons. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I have a Tekno SCT for a short course truck best handling rig I own.

If you want to buy the Mojave at some point you explain to her you need 4 Mojave. In the end you get your one or two Mojave and she is happy that she convinced you to only get one or two. That's a WIN-WIN. Everybody happy! ;)

We learned that as kids with ice cream. You ask for 5 scoops and then get the two you actually wanted.

She doesn't know I have 6. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I’m trying to NOT draw attention to the RC cars 😂! She sees the new ones she might start looking around the house. It was bad enough when she found the MMX8S/1650kv and 1260kv combos under the bed still in the boxes!

In the prison 5th pocket!! 😂😂😂😂😳

I have a Tekno SCT for a short course truck best handling rig I own.
So that’s the real reason why you have six of the same vehicle so that way she won’t notice that you have six it just looks like the same vehicle

HA!

When you have a kid, its harder to keep stuff a secret.. Bought a new body for my Senton, through Jennys so it wasnt that much $.. my wife would've never noticed if it wasnt for my 7 year old saying at the top of his lungs "DID YOU BUY A NEW RC CAR??????"... almost told him "what team are you playing on??" :ROFLMAO:

Wife gave me the stink eye.. with a very dry "is that new?".... me "oh this? naaaw, only this CHEAP plastic thing" 😅
Yeah, when I get parts in the mail, it's always "Finally they sent that $5 part" no matter how much it cost. :ROFLMAO:

Bring them home and say that your planning to return them. Unbox them and hide em then take the empty boxes out the front door to "UPS" aka the garbage bin

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back