Kraton The EXB has arrived!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thx. And u had enough clearance between the chassis and the motor? Here the clearance is just 2 paper thick.

Thx. And u had enough clearance between the chassis and the motor? Here the clearance is just 2 paper thick.
It's tight, but it fits.

Have to remove the plastic side guard off the chassis to take motor out and put back in. Only use three screws on the heat sink due to where it lines up with the plastic guard raised screw hole (I could cut down the screw on the heat sink and put it on, but it is fine with 3).

Also had to trim the heatsink to fit the rollover brace bar.

20210708_183414.jpg
20210708_183433.jpg

Really eyeing the Kraton 6S roller. You have a parts list? I think i'm running Spektrum, but wondering about some of the other stuff in the install. Also, where do the fans plug in?

Really eyeing the Kraton 6S roller. You have a parts list? I think i'm running Spektrum, but wondering about some of the other stuff in the install. Also, where do the fans plug in?
Fans plug into the receiver. Just into any of the spare channels will work.

I have:
FlySky GT5 radio
Max6 ESC with 1650kv motor
JX Ecoboost 35kg servo
Powerhobby dual fans
HR center metal diff mount and cover
M2C rear tower braces
M2C ackerman bar
20t pinion
Notorious wheelie bar

Did diffs at 50k front full LSD, 200k center full LSD, 30k rear open diff using Arrma shim kit and removed the LSD plates.

Truck is fast and has lot of power. Love it so far.

So far 4 packs in. Got to say I LOVE this truck.

So much different experience compared to my 6s Typhon. I love both, but I feel the Typhon fun is more limited to specific terrain. Though I have my Typhon set up basically as a stunt buggy. Lol

VERY different, but I got to say I love both.

View attachment 156603
KEXB looks great! Turn that Typhon into a street setup for speed runs. :unsure: ;)
Fans plug into the receiver. Just into any of the spare channels will work.

I have:
FlySky GT5 radio
Max6 ESC with 1650kv motor
JX Ecoboost 35kg servo
Powerhobby dual fans
HR center metal diff mount and cover
M2C rear tower braces
M2C ackerman bar
20t pinion
Notorious wheelie bar

Did diffs at 50k front full LSD, 200k center full LSD, 30k rear open diff using Arrma shim kit and removed the LSD plates.

Truck is fast and has lot of power. Love it so far.
I see you went with the JX Ecoboost, hope you've better luck than me! 🤞 I destroyed two pretty quickly. 🤷‍♂️

KEXB looks great! Turn that Typhon into a street setup for speed runs. :unsure: ;)

I see you went with the JX Ecoboost, hope you've better luck than me! 🤞 I destroyed two pretty quickly. 🤷‍♂️
The typhon is lot of EXB parts also, minus towers and chassis. All metal diff cases, HR bulkhead and center diff mount, EXB braces, servo mount, server saver spring.

I have had good luck with the JX. Have a 25kg in my Granite, and the 35kg in my Typhon 6s also. No issues...even ran the Granite without a servo saver while waiting for the 25t Arrma one to come in...lol. Still survived.

I have had good luck with the JX. Have a 25kg in my Granite, and the 35kg in my Typhon 6s also. No issues...even ran the Granite without a servo saver while waiting for the 25t Arrma one to come in...lol. Still survived.
I’ve had decent luck with other JX, not the Ecoboost though. Replacement the one in my EXB with the AGFrc 36kg💪🏼

84F56E09-A035-469C-A738-5DD6C659CFE6.jpeg

3283C98A-6048-4BF2-977E-18F2AEB7B242.jpeg

I’ve had decent luck with other JX, not the Ecoboost though. Replacement the one in my EXB with the AGFrc 36kg💪🏼

View attachment 157408

View attachment 157409
How has it been holding up for you? I see you have the HR bellcrank, that really stiffens up the servo saver. I have a similar setup in my o6s, I've only taken this servo out 3 times, but it's already taken a couple of nasty hits with no issue. I always speak too soon when it comes to servos, so I decided to snoop around the forum to see who else has been using them, and trying to get updates!

20220111_133321.jpg

How has it been holding up for you? I see you have the HR bellcrank, that really stiffens up the servo saver. I have a similar setup in my o6s, I've only taken this servo out 3 times, but it's already taken a couple of nasty hits with no issue. I always speak too soon when it comes to servos, so I decided to snoop around the forum to see who else has been using them, and trying to get updates!

View attachment 192153
I don't have anything bad to say about AGFrc! I run those servos in a bunch of my rigs. I've got one in my speed run Typhon and it's handled a bad crash at 130mph, still as good as new!

I don't have anything bad to say about AGFrc! I run those servos in a bunch of my rigs. I've got one in my speed run Typhon and it's handled a bad crash at 130mph, still as good as new!
That's good to know, I did have confidence when purchasing one of their servos from the research I did, but it's nice to hear experiences from other people using them.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back