Kraton The Fix?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steel_Rain

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock
  3. BigRock 4x4
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton 8S
  7. Kraton 6s
  8. Mojave
  9. Nero
  10. Notorious
  11. Outcast 6s
  12. Outcast 4s
  13. Senton 6s
  14. Talion
  15. Typhon 3s
  16. Vorteks
So...for those of us who AREN’T getting a JBI or M2C chassis...what’s your plan? I have an M2C, but I’m asking for the benefit of our clan.

Like Vas said in his video, is this going to be a rolling change? Obviously, structural chassis reinforcement is a requirement, but how? Braces will not fix the issue long term. It’s got to be a material change or a redesign.

I have faith the brand will make things right, but if the suppliers are pumping out chassis in the same method, that’s the definition of insanity.

Not sure how Arrma would issue some sort of recall or TSB related to this, but I can see this becoming a huge problem, near term, for Horizon/Arrma.

For those of you who have bent the stock chassis...has Arrma warranted the replacement? Or haven’t you even bothered?

Just wanted to gather your thoughts.

So...for those of us who AREN’T getting a JBI or M2C chassis...what’s your plan? I have an M2C, but I’m asking for the benefit of our clan.

Like Vas said in his video, is this going to be a rolling change? Obviously, structural chassis reinforcement is a requirement, but how? Braces will not fix the issue long term. It’s got to be a material change or a redesign.

I have faith the brand will make things right, but if the suppliers are pumping out chassis in the same method, that’s the definition of insanity.

Not sure how Arrma would issue some sort of recall or TSB related to this, but I can see this becoming a huge problem, near term, for Horizon/Arrma.

For those of you who have bent the stock chassis...has Arrma warranted the replacement? Or haven’t you even bothered?

Just wanted to gather your thoughts.
I beat the crap out of mine to get it to bend. Arrma can't idiot proof it without adding to the cost. Why should Arrma warranty crash damage?

Last edited:
I beat the crap out of mine to get it to bend. Arrma can't idiot proof it without adding to the cost. Why should Arrma warranty crash damage?

I beat mine before upgrading and it held up with no issues.

Well, I think they warranty failed parts. If your Servo died because of internal defect, they would warranty it.

On the other hand, If the chassis bends because it wasn’t designed correctly, who decides if it’s outside of what it was designed for?

That’s a slippery slope.

I beat mine before upgrading and it held up with no issues.

Well, I think they warranty failed parts. If your Servo died because of internal defect, they would warranty it.

On the other hand, If the chassis bends because it wasn’t designed correctly, who decides if it’s outside of what it was designed for?

That’s a slippery slope.

The chassis design is no better or worse than the 6s trucks. Do they warranty those? I have 6 or 7 bent ones so if they do I'm in luck.

The chassis design is no better or worse than the 6s trucks. Do they warranty those? I have 6 or 7 bent ones so if they do I'm in luck.

Ive only ever bent one on the Kraton 6s but I jumped it wrong and it spiked the side of a dumpster on the return to earth.

I guess what I’m driving at is folks who are coming into the hobby, see this rig for $900 bucks, watch the cool aid Arrma videos and are then like !!!!, how could this break!

To me, that’s storm coming.

Ive only ever bent one on the Kraton 6s but I jumped it wrong and it spiked the side of a dumpster on the return to earth.

I guess what I’m driving at is folks who are coming into the hobby, see this rig for $900 bucks, watch the cool aid Arrma videos and are then like !!!!, how could this break!

To me, that’s storm coming.
We got the same thing with the 6S trucks ?

I think just flat steel chassis braces running down the center of the chassis will work. or thick 7075. already has mounting holes and everything. someone could also produce an insert that sits in the chassis grooves from underneath. would also make the bottom flush. The aftermarket needs to hurry up though. arrma hasn't even supplied a 2nd spur gear yet. Come on aftermarket!

Wonder if this could fit to the stock chassis?
https://m2cracing.net/kraton-8s/452-m2c-3204-arrma-kraton-8s-rear-6mm-stiffner-bar.html same for the front.
I can imagine something like this mounted on top to the chassis or under, with some custom chassis braces it would be more then enough if you don't try to break it by sending it full speed on a ramp..

I had a few runs so far, jumping for the most around 1.5 meter/5foot or so, nothing bent yet and it’s all stock.

Prefere to wait getting m2c since it would be like 320 dollar for me outside US, including shipping and tax papers. So im looking for a upgrade to the stock chassis, and im sure it would be here soon?

Agree why should arrma replace a crashed chassis? Or if you sent it on a ramp flying i don't see why it should be warranty.

BLUF: I will order the M2C Chassis and Afro Lucha brace eventually and probably this week
However, my damage was during a nose dive off a ten foot ramp on the way down from a 15 foot descent onto the concrete so I knew the risk. I did not bother to ask for a warranty on the bent chassis I think it would be a waste of time for ME. Yes, I think ARRMA should upgrade the next version of the 8s to a chassis comparable to M2C and braces comparable to Afro Lucha. The trucks weight was more than likely taken into consideration during the design phase. I ordered a new chassis and multiple other replacement parts last week from Horizon. I should have gotten the M2C instead. At the end of the day I realize and others should also realize this truck is not made for bashing on concrete or to land on rocks and roots from 15-20 feet in the air. Know your terrain and learn how and where to land is MY new motto! I am still yellin ALL HAIL THE KRATON 8S:cool:!
Wonder if this could fit to the stock chassis?
https://m2cracing.net/kraton-8s/452-m2c-3204-arrma-kraton-8s-rear-6mm-stiffner-bar.html same for the front.
I can imagine something like this mounted on top to the chassis or under, with some custom chassis braces it would be more then enough if you don't try to break it by sending it full speed on a ramp..

I had a few runs so far, jumping for the most around 1.5 meter/5foot or so, nothing bent yet and it’s all stock.

Prefere to wait getting m2c since it would be like 320 dollar for me outside US, including shipping and tax papers. So im looking for a upgrade to the stock chassis, and im sure it would be here soon?

Agree why should arrma replace a crashed chassis? Or if you sent it on a ramp flying i don't see why it should be warranty.
I am thinking about something like this but welded onto my old chassis that I bent to hell last week. I will be going to a welding shop asking them to reinforce this old chassis and see what they can do without interfering with the holes and flushness of the internals.

Last edited:
I added the 16mmx12mm CF tubes to my stock K8s while I build out my modded one and I have been impressed, I know I had worse landings than @bicketybam and @Aussie RC Playground by far. So far it has zero bend. Has anyone seen one banana that had better braces installed?

I added the 16mmx12mm CF tubes to my stock K8s while I build out my modded one and I have been impressed, I know I had worse landings than @bicketybam and @Aussie RC Playground by far. So far it has zero bend. Has anyone seen one banana that had better braces installed?
Mine bent when I hit a tree. That would have been saved by the CF tubing. The other bend I had was kind of weird since it came from landing on a 3/4 buried rock (multiple times). I don't think bracing would have prevented that.

Mine bent when I hit a tree. That would have been saved by the CF tubing. The other bend I had was kind of weird since it came from landing on a 3/4 buried rock (multiple times). I don't think bracing would have prevented that.
Yeah, the rock thing I don't count as a bent chassis the way that everyone complained about them, the tree thing I think yes 100% the CF tube would have prevented that.

I came up short on a huge double at least 3 times going 40+ and it didn't bend, I lawn darted when I over jumped a ramp to down slope set up I had from 25+ up, broke front bumper, and cracked an arm, but chassis still straight, I also did one of those end for end things where you happen to wheelie a bit going off the ramp and it front flips rapidly, end for ended twice.

I really think the bracing was the problem in their release not the chassis.

Yeah, the rock thing I don't count as a bent chassis the way that everyone complained about them, the tree thing I think yes 100% the CF tube would have prevented that.

I came up short on a huge double at least 3 times going 40+ and it didn't bend, I lawn darted when I over jumped a ramp to down slope set up I had from 25+ up, broke front bumper, and cracked an arm, but chassis still straight, I also did one of those end for end things where you happen to wheelie a bit going off the ramp and it front flips rapidly, end for ended twice.

I really think the bracing was the problem in their release not the chassis.
So it's as simple as stronger bracing! That's really interesting. I still have my stock replacement chassis. I may do some testing with it. Adding the CF tubes is both easy and inexpensive ???

So it's as simple as stronger bracing! That's really interesting. I still have my stock replacement chassis. I may do some testing with it. Adding the CF tubes is both easy and inexpensive ???

It would seem so, at least in my use case, and I am pretty confident I have abused it more than the average user would.

The pics of bowed top braces when the chassis would bend always had me thinking that either the tube needed to be attached to the body support tower so it couldn't bow, the CF tubes do that same thing, the 16x12 ones I used are super strong, and seem to be working well.

The thing that impresses me is the composite shock towers, can't believe I haven't broken one of them once I put the CF tubes on. Figure it wold just transfer the energy to those but not so far.

It would seem so, at least in my use case, and I am pretty confident I have abused it more than the average user would.

The pics of bowed top braces when the chassis would bend always had me thinking that either the tube needed to be attached to the body support tower so it couldn't bow, the CF tubes do that same thing, the 16x12 ones I used are super strong, and seem to be working well.

The thing that impresses me is the composite shock towers, can't believe I haven't broken one of them once I put the CF tubes on. Figure it wold just transfer the energy to those but not so far.
Those towers are super strong. It's one of the best designed parts of the truck.

I guess what I’m driving at is folks who are coming into the hobby, see this rig for $900 bucks, watch the cool aid Arrma videos and are then like !!!!
I don't see many “starting” off with this one! On helis I know large means easier and controllable but for cars I think most people/beginners would be intimidated by this truck potentially or wouldnt want bury the amount of money - I wasnt and I did. I see quite a few being sold already where people state, too big, doesn't get used etc ...

I had serious cart wheels bending shock shafts, hit a post and only broke an arm and other stupid incidents with it - did I send it 15m into the air or flying 30m far? No I did not and nothing bent so far. I saw Vas his video and I think it was the gully he hit twice that maybe bent his chassis - do they bend? Everything will just depends on the forces at work ... I got an M2C and will use if I need it but until then it sits on the shelf

Last edited:
Ordered a titanium plate from scorched parts over in the UK. Haven't bent my kraton chasis since. They sell a full chassis, but the smaller reinforcement seems to have done the trick so far for $30-$50.

€ 8,41 | 7075 Aviation Aluminum Alloy Plate Sheet Thicked Super Hard Block 100*100mm CNC Lathe Processing Thickness 4mm/6/8mm
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrNwoxd
Here 16 EUR flat piece 4x50x600 7075 t6 you have to fabricate yourself ease enough I done 3 cars like that no more broken bumpers and bend Chassis

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back