The General Lee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from the North so I know many Northerners immediately equate the Confederate flag with slavery/racial prejudice. I've had a few occasions that I've felt the need to explain that it's actually Northerners that are stereotyping and being ignorant when they equate Southern identity with racial prejudice.
What bothers me the most is most people who are "offended" by it (and anything, this doesn't just apply to that flag), aren't offended because brings them any sort of anguish, they're offended because someone told them they should be, and in todays soft-ass joke of a society being a victim is for some reason the "in thing."

people aren't offended because brings them any sort of anguish, they're offended because someone told them they should be
This is exactly the problem. People getting angry even though they have no actual experience with the situation. To pick a less contentious example, I recently had a discussion whether WNBA pay was unfair compared to the NBA. I have played and watched basketball all my life. I'm a fan of women's sports. I wanted to like the WNBA, but it's just not compelling. After all their talk, turns out none of them ever watched a WNBA game. I was the only one that gave it a chance to succeed.

This is exactly the problem. People getting angry even though they have no actual experience with the situation. To pick a less contentious example, I recently had a discussion whether WNBA pay was unfair compared to the NBA. I have played and watched basketball all my life. I'm a fan of women's sports. I wanted to like the WNBA, but it's just not compelling. After all their talk, turns out none of them have ever watched a WNBA game. I was the only one that gave it a chance to succeed. THAT's the reason the WNBA players get less money, not because of discrimination.
Yes there is a lot of assumption that everything is due to some sort of discrimination...it's gotten bad in the last 10 years. If you don't "support" something, you're made out to be some sort of an "ist," and if you don't agree with someone's opinion, you're immediately their enemy. Crazy times. Anyway, I don't want to derail too far and start a political thread, but I love these conversations and hearing other points of view and insights, so if you want to discuss more PM me.

To avoid derailing, if anyone's interested in painting up a General Lee RC, Kyosho offers the Fazer MKII with a 1970 Dodge Charger body.
I saw dude's video on exactly how he built it. He has an mp3 horn that plays the "Dixie" song too. It's an insane build and something he should be proud of. I'm debating it...
Growing up watching The Dukes of Hazzard , and movies like Dirty Mary Crazy Larry and Bullitt , made me want a 69 Charger . Did not ever have the want to do a GL , but LOVE black Chargers !!! My first was a blue / white top / blue interior , sold it when I found a real factory triple black R/T SE stripe delete car from Cali !!! Now you know what my username means !!! LOL Loved the look of the car from Bullitt , so I dressed it up with the correct hubcaps and whitewall bias ply tires !!

View attachment 202255

View attachment 202256
So the lay person in me thinks the blue version you had looks better than the black one. I guess it takes a true Mopar enthusiast to know the difference...

O.M.G....I love this thread!! I remember every Friday sitting in front of the TV with my cousins watching the Dukes! I want all those Duke RCs from that video!!! Lol Still got my old Dukes lunch box. (No thermos though). Bunch of other collectibles too.
20220531_164832.jpg
20220531_164815.jpg
20220531_164742.jpg
20220531_164851.jpg

Ben Jones (aka Crazy Cooter) has 3 stores/museums out here. I need to go to the VA one!!! Only a few hours from me. Great online store too! CUFF EM AND STUFF EM!!!
Screenshot_20220531-174255_Chrome.jpg

What bothers me the most is most people who are "offended" by it (and anything, this doesn't just apply to that flag), aren't offended because brings them any sort of anguish, they're offended because someone told them they should be, and in todays soft-ass joke of a society being a victim is for some reason the "in thing."
Sorry but that’s your interpretation of it but it’s not why they object to it. People take offense to it because certain groups have co-opted the flag and other symbols to represent something other than the flags original intent. To ignore the fact that racist groups have used the confederate flag as a weapon is ignoring history. Sure, not every person who flies the flag is racist. That’s a given as well. But enough of them are that the people being targeted got the message to steer clear of that and many other symbols. It’s the same for a swastika. It had another meaning before the Nazis co-opted it for their symbol. Doesn’t me we should only think of it before it’s use by Nazis. They ruined it forever. Just like the confederate flag has been tarnished as well. Blame the bad actors, not the real victims.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back