Notorious The Glorious Notorious V5 Build and upgrade thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much for this detailed build, I’m upgrading the servo on my notorious and bought the same parts you listed (HR servo mount and steering link, and servo). Could you help me understand what you did to solve this:

“Just like before this sits a bit higher so I had to use some plastic spacers and a longer screw to attach to the bellcrank.”

What did you use for plastic spacers and did you have to buy a longer screw as well?

thanks!

Thank you so much for this detailed build, I’m upgrading the servo on my notorious and bought the same parts you listed (HR servo mount and steering link, and servo). Could you help me understand what you did to solve this:

“Just like before this sits a bit higher so I had to use some plastic spacers and a longer screw to attach to the bellcrank.”

What did you use for plastic spacers and did you have to buy a longer screw as well?

thanks!

For the spacers I used some plastic thick washers I had. But pretty much any washer that takes up the space will work. And yes I use a longer screw. Here is a pic of the spacer for reference. Hope this helps.

20210328_060444.jpg

For the spacers I used some plastic thick washers I had. But pretty much any washer that takes up the space will work. And yes I use a longer screw. Here is a pic of the spacer for reference. Hope this helps.

View attachment 135317
Great, I’ll visit my local hardware to find something similar.

Did you have to 1 or 2 spacers?

And there’s no servo saver in this setup right?

Great, I’ll visit my local hardware to find something similar.

Did you have to 1 or 2 spacers?

And there’s no servo saver in this setup right?
Off hand I think it was 2. It doesn't have to be perfectly level, a slight angle wont hurt. And the servo saver is the spring you see on one of the steering posts.

I just spoke with RPM and they are currently making products to fit the V5 and exb models. They told me a few months possibly and to watch for them on there Facebook page as thats where they will announce them first. I also asked about arms for the V3 Typhon but have not heard back yet. But just figured id let yall know there definitely in the works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back