Kraton The Governator / momo‘s Kraton 6s build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Typhon 6s
Introduction:

Thanks to Covid and all the lockdowns we had in Austria I was searching for a new hobby. As I had a Tamiya Grashopper as a kid (with which I didn‘t play anymore after it broke the first time) I thought I‘d give RC a chance.
After buying a cheap toyish RC to see if I really like it, I investigated and fell in love with the Kraton and bought one.

When I started to watch Duperbash and RC Dude videos, and broke the first parts (bend shock tower, broken a-arm, etc.) the RC bug bit me hard and I lost it!
Over the next few month I gathered every f… upgrade for this car that I could think off (Thanks Arrma Forum :rolleyes:;)). It started with „Ah, that makes sense“, went to „just this one more part“ and ended with „now it doesn‘t make a difference any more, just take it as well“. On top I bought a 6s Typhon, 8s Outcast, Infraction V2 and 2 Mini-Z to drift around in the house…:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

Seeing myself as not really technically gifted, the building phase was more of an On and Off relationship. Started motivated, but got overwhelmed with soldering, taking diffs apart, deanodicing red metals (which I left out in the end, cause I wanted to finally finish the project) and so on.
In the end it took me ages but I am actually proud that I finished my first build, between job, family and Netflix…
I learned so much thx to you guys on the forum and enjoyed it a lot!

Had a first test run today (seems like everything is working) and can‘t wait to give it a proper bashing on Sunday!
So finally I have the feeling there is something worthy to share with you guys.

Then it‘s time for a next project. Lightweight Typhon with beetle bug body. :)

Upgrade highlights:

A lot of M2C
Max6 Combo with 1650 KV Motor
PPS Motor mount
Thunderoos fans
HR bulkheads and hubs
RPM arms
3D RC wingmount
POS bumpers front and back
Basherqueen servo mount and centerbrace
DX5C radio + SR6100 receiver
Outcast Side guards
Backflip tires
Russian indestructible body (have a Proline shelf body at home, but not yet tried painting it)
All new bearings

Mods:

all thanks to forum posts! Thx a lot!

battery department mod
servo saver mod
sorbothane under ESC plate
3D printed ESC plate
3D printed ESC switch
Ring around motor

Settings:

20T pinion
Diffs: 30 rear / 500 middle / 50 front
Shock fluid: 100 WT

3FA89FD1-7A6B-4345-9BAB-EB2D3501A364.jpeg

F6EE3C6F-D091-4D1D-BF27-9B5727706CE1.jpeg

8B6EF127-7B7F-4077-B41A-FE77984CF4C2.jpeg

D27F868B-B51C-4488-8350-1FDCC59F17E1.jpeg

855C1F32-D8B3-42B2-8C75-3B5196EB4033.jpeg

ED237D12-0775-42B6-B8D4-EE001C6399B9.jpeg

Changed the Savox 1210 Servo to a Savox 2290 as the 1210 wasn‘t able to move my backflips as hoped.
The 2290 has loads of Torque and works great.

One of my shocks leaked, as I seem to have tightened the M2C shock cap to much…

Can somebody give me a recommendation on tire glue? The one I used doesn‘t seem to keep my tires on the rims.
Glued them before the run (did wait until it dried 😉) but doesn‘t seem to hold up.
The reason could be the new motor as well 😜

Nice looking build! Removing the anodizing isn’t nearly as nerve racking once you get started.

Nice looking build! Removing the anodizing isn’t nearly as nerve racking once you get started.

Thx!
was just happy to finally finish it, but getting rid of the red is still in my head. Maybe I will give it a go soon.
What would you use? I got a can of Caustic soda. Hope that will do the job.

Thx!
was just happy to finally finish it, but getting rid of the red is still in my head. Maybe I will give it a go soon.
What would you use? I got a can of Caustic soda. Hope that will do the job.

I used the Whink Rust stain remover in a brown bottle. I know there are better products, but it was easy to find and worked fine.

Nasty one wheel landing after 3 minutes run time. Driveshaft popped out, shockrodend and camberlink end snapped. All fine. Surprised though that the M2C shock cap bursted! 😳😢

46261054-1D4D-4CFD-A03A-CD91B978E52E.jpeg

Hey, at least you got Wera tools to wrench on it ! Those things rock.
They are great for weird angles and screws that aren’t super tight..I have a couple sets and love them… but there is no replacement for MIP’s when it comes to getting those tough Arrma TIGHT screws that have all the loctite on them

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back