Granite The Granite is HUGE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jammer339

Reaction score
Hello there , I am a newbie that just wanted to say hi.
I bought my daughter a cheap 1/16 basher for Christmas, and I've enjoyed playing around with it just as much as she has.
So I've been spending my evenings for the past 2 weeks , reviewing and researching different models and came to the conclusion I wanted the granite 3s v3 blx.
It arrived today , and I can't believe how big it is. It doesn't look anywhere near this size in photos and YouTube videos I've seen!
Anyway , I'm excited to get it going and have a bash. Just waiting on delivery of batteries, charger and lipo safety bags.

You should see a Fire Team or 8s model ;)

The granite 3s is a great model. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions.
The biggest one we see is people not setting up the slipper correctly. Once you learn how to do that right, it will be a reliable machine.

You should see a Fire Team or 8s model ;)

The granite 3s is a great model. Have fun and don't hesitate to ask questions.
The biggest one we see is people not setting up the slipper correctly. Once you learn how to do that right, it will be a reliable machine.
Yes I have read about that. Any advice given will be much appreciated . I also ordered an aluminium adjustable motor mount as I have read the stock one breaks easily.

I bought my daughter a cheap 1/16 basher for Christmas, and I've enjoyed playing around with it just as much as she has.
So I've been spending my evenings for the past 2 weeks , reviewing and researching different models and came to the conclusion I wanted the granite 3s v3 blx.
It arrived today , and I can't believe how big it is. It doesn't look anywhere near this size in photos and YouTube videos I've seen!
Anyway , I'm excited to get it going and have a bash. Just waiting on delivery of batteries, charger and lipo safety bags.
Welcome! You picked a good one going brushless right off the bat. My first Arrma was a granite and it’s still one of my favorite 3s cars. You’ll need some basic tools and there are a number of pre-ride checks to do, so start watching YT videos and asking questions here. Reading through 3s related posts, like the permanent posts at the top of the 3s category, helps much as well.

Welcome. Do your research about Lipo care. Very important! And be sure to go over the rig before you run it. Lots of info here on what to look for.
Thank you, lipo care has been a big part of my research. I didn't cheap out on a charger , I got the skyRc t200. I wanted a venom pro charger but I can't seem to get one in the UK. The t200 was my next option after reading all the reviews. I also spend my weekend watching videos on lipo bags/boxes being lipo fire tested to give me some idea of which ones were the safest. I've purchased a hobbymate bag for now, with the intend on getting some bat safes when funds allow it.
Ideally I would like to store the batteries in my shed but have read that temps below room temperature can cause battery degradation.
So having the most safest storage is vital to me.

Welcome aboard!!! All the info you'll need is here. Just search away or ask. Best RC forum out there!! (y)

Happy Bashing!!! 😁✌️

Ideally I would like to store the batteries in my shed but have read that temps below room temperature can cause battery degradation.
Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! I do not claim to be an expert, and I've been out of the RC hobby for 5+ years (helicopters being what I was using then). But I've done a fair bit of reading on LiPos.

At the time, one of my take-aways was that long-term storage at refrigerator temperatures (NOT in the freezer) could help slow the process of the LiPos degrading. Which seems reasonable to me, as lower temps help slow most chemical reactions. I don't have a comparison for cold-stored vs room-temperature-stored packs. But I can offer that the 6S Lipos which have been in the fridge, at storage voltage, for 5+ years, seem to be performing well in my truck that just arrived.

I'm sure they're not as good as new, of course. And I try to take care of my batteries, always keeping them at storage voltage, and generally only using maybe 60% of their capacity. But they have a bunch of cycles on them from helicopter use (I don't have my flight log info on this phone, but I would guess at least 50 cycles on each), and they're about 8 years old. And they seem to run pretty well in the truck.

So, based solely on my limited experience, it does not seem to me that storing them cold is really bad for them. However, I do not like the idea of storing them hot, so if your shed gets hot in the summer, that would not seem good, to me.

Thank you, lipo care has been a big part of my research. I didn't cheap out on a charger , I got the skyRc t200. I wanted a venom pro charger but I can't seem to get one in the UK. The t200 was my next option after reading all the reviews. I also spend my weekend watching videos on lipo bags/boxes being lipo fire tested to give me some idea of which ones were the safest. I've purchased a hobbymate bag for now, with the intend on getting some bat safes when funds allow it.
Although the bat safe is probably your best option, a metal ammo box is a cheaper alternative. I picked this up at Walmart for $12.00+

IMG_20230112_125839069.jpg

Although the bat safe is probably your best option, a metal ammo box is a cheaper alternative. I picked this up at Walmart for $12.00+

View attachment 269253
Yea I planned on storing the lipo bags inside of one of these. Will take off the rubbers , and drill some vent holes.
Welcome to the forum, and to the hobby! I do not claim to be an expert, and I've been out of the RC hobby for 5+ years (helicopters being what I was using then). But I've done a fair bit of reading on LiPos.

At the time, one of my take-aways was that long-term storage at refrigerator temperatures (NOT in the freezer) could help slow the process of the LiPos degrading. Which seems reasonable to me, as lower temps help slow most chemical reactions. I don't have a comparison for cold-stored vs room-temperature-stored packs. But I can offer that the 6S Lipos which have been in the fridge, at storage voltage, for 5+ years, seem to be performing well in my truck that just arrived.

I'm sure they're not as good as new, of course. And I try to take care of my batteries, always keeping them at storage voltage, and generally only using maybe 60% of their capacity. But they have a bunch of cycles on them from helicopter use (I don't have my flight log info on this phone, but I would guess at least 50 cycles on each), and they're about 8 years old. And they seem to run pretty well in the truck.

So, based solely on my limited experience, it does not seem to me that storing them cold is really bad for them. However, I do not like the idea of storing them hot, so if your shed gets hot in the summer, that would not seem good, to me.
Thank you for your detailed information. battery's are a scary prospect , and like every one. I want to make sure I do it correctly.

You’ve probably read this already, but with batteries and electronics heat is the main enemy. Running anything hot will shorten its lifespan. Wait for the batteries to cool a bit before recharging, but most importantly always have them in storage mode (at about 40%) when you’re not using them. They will degrade when left full or left empty. Charging them slow and steady is also optimal. As for the safest area to store them, the lipo innards react explosively with oxygen. So just make sure they’re not swelling (only should happen as the insides wear out from heat), or punctured/cracked. If it passes the visual inspection with a storage charge in it, the danger is less than kitchen knives the kids can reach.

As to the granite itself, if you think the size was a shock, wait till you crank the speed. It is able to move faster than you can control :)

If you haven’t, YouTube up some arrma 3s problem/solution videos. There’s loads of them, and all the arrma 3s’s have the same moving parts and generally the same issues to deal with. Out of the box, loctite your driveshaft screws and motor mount screws and set your steering limits (turning right and left so it doesn’t try to turn further than the links allow it)…
Don’t be intimidated to take things apart either. There’s a video for literally every part of the truck. You’ll be able to tear it down blindfolded in no time.
Also keep a nut driver on you when you’re out driving. Every 10-15 minutes check the nuts holding the wheels on. Those can work loose and good luck finding them when the come off!

Also keep a nut driver on you when you’re out driving. Every 10-15 minutes check the nuts holding the wheels on. Those can work loose and good luck finding them when the come off!
👆👆👆DEF!!! 👆👆👆👍

Welcome to the group. When I got my Big Rock in the mail, I couldn't believe how much larger it actually was. Then I ended up with a Mojave EXB and that was just a different kind of King Kong monster in size and weight!

I love seeing people getting their kids involved in the hobby. Gets them outside and can be great family time, until someone takes a RC to the shin. Before you know it, your daughter will take over the Granite and you may end up with another 3s rig and a 4s and a 6s. Yes I said "and" not "or", you will see.
Welcome again and happy bashing.

Enjoy your new rig ..go bash and have a blast 🤟😁👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back