Limitless The ideal body for speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a side profile shot of the Limitless and used MS Paint to lay over a body design similar to what Nic Case had for his RC bullet car.
You would have to leave some room for tires to expand and some suspension flex/travel. The body could probably come a good bit closer to the tires, but I think this is pretty close to a 1/7 scale version of his car.

side profile.jpg

Took a side profile shot of the Limitless and used MS Paint to lay over a body design similar to what Nic Case had for his RC bullet car.
You would have to leave some room for tires to expand and some suspension flex/travel. The body could probably come a good bit closer to the tires, but I think this is pretty close to a 1/7 scale version of his car.

View attachment 232346
That would be a sick body to run.

We tend to focus on our 1/8 and 1/7 platforms. They are easy to run with minimal tuning out of the box and very stable compared to other options.

@phildogg did a few speed runs with a drag rail years ago....

If you are looking at aerodynamics alone the RC drag rail design seems ideal. (similar to a top fuel dragster) Tim Smith has been in the drag race scene for a very long time and around the same time Nic Case was chasing the speed record so was Tim. He managed a few high-speed runs in the 170s and 180s but the car often turned sideways and would crash. One crash went right into his setup tables and tent which was pretty violent. Luckily no one got hurt. Within the last year, he ran in the 190s so speed runs are still something he does on occasion.

tim smith 2.jpg

tim smith 3.jpg

TS Drag Capture.PNG

There are only a handful of companies that make parts for them but is something I looked into at one point.

belt to gear.JPG

Drag race concepts makes some absolutely beautiful chassis

FC%201.jpg

Inline motor designs

inline full.JPG

vs sideways motor designs (easier on the bearings)

sidewinder.JPG

Last edited:

View attachment 232346

Detla Plastiks gave us this body more or less with the WR Speed body.
James has proven it to 200mph so far. I have tested it one time on 3s at 119 mph. Was very stable/straight.

1669049753915.png

The key is making everything smaller for less drag. I think the Vendetta version is the way to go.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back