The improved life of my fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the new body! Ford atlas by jconcepts... Doesn't fit very well I'm guessing the slash's wheelbase is a bit smaller? Or shorter? I'm going for that scale look but now I gotta trim it out in the back and it ain't turning out well... Hmmmm
IMG_20160726_175941.jpg

I see that you've finally got those neat wheels through from China,. Having run the truck on them, what is your verdict on these tyres?

I see that you've finally got those neat wheels through from China,. Having run the truck on them, what is your verdict on these tyres?
I've been trying to wheelie but unfortunately they just spin, they still have pretty good grip and I like how they sound like real car tires I would get them again because of the price and quality for the price but as for wheelies it hasn't worked out

What gearing are you running on Justin,the 48dp or the 32dp? Personally,I've been trying to find a decent tyre,that doesn't pop wheelies, just so that I can get a decent run. Generally though,unless you're running into a headwind,the truck should stay nose down,which if you're racing,is what you want.

Last edited:
What gearing are you running on Justin,the 48dp or the 32dp? Personally,I've been trying to find a decent tyre,that doesn't pop wheelies, just so that I can get a decent run. Generally though,unless you're running into a headwind,the truck should stay nose down,which if you're racing,is what you want.
I'm running stock Blx gearing 57tooth spur 15tooth pinion

Also what is dp?

Also what is dp?

That's the pitch of the gears. 48p gears have smaller teeth, 32p are larger teeth. For example Stock Megas have spur gears with 87 teeth, BLX has 57teeth. Larger teeth hold more power, but noisier, smaller teeth are typically quieter, but strip easier.

You will be able to pop wheelies,but you'll need a 17t pinion to do it. The downside is though that your motor temps will get very high. I've had to downgrade from a 17t to a 16t and now a 15t just to keep the temps to an acceptable level,but then again,I'm running a 3900kV motor with a 57t spur.
My truck was just a Mega to start with though Justin and I still have the original gearbox gears too. I'll get around to changing them sometime.

I'm running some el cheapo wheels and tires from China on my mega, they are monster truck, along with the castle sct combo and it will drag the rearend and pull massive wheelies all while running a 2s Lipo and the stock fury mega gears lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back