The improved life of my fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justatree

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
As time goes on, from diy upgrades to actual upgrades I would like to share what may seem basic to you, but changed my fury and made it better. Here is the list of diy and actual upgrades
  • Body reinforcement (unreliable duct tape)
  • Diy body clip retainers (electrical wire and some type of this made of metal, size of a heat shrink but is clamped to secure the wire in a loop, and tape to hold the wire onto the body)
  • Castle sidewinder sct system combo
  • wheelie bar
  • Stainless steel body clips
  • now being sent: traxxas big bores and 87mm dog bones
  • Traxxas s1 compound tires
  • Stainless steel screw kit
Ideas for upgrades in the future:
High torque servo
Scale body or baja bug/ beetle body
Higher watt charger

a high torque servo is a nice upgrade I did for both my trucks. I can highly recommend that one, unless you have the metal geared version of the Arrma servo.

But one of the best upgrades is a better set of rims and tires! 75% of the road handling of an RC truck is related to the right tires.

The rest is motor/ESC, suspension, suspension tuning, and so on ;)

a high torque servo is a nice upgrade I did for both my trucks. I can highly recommend that one, unless you have the metal geared version of the Arrma servo.

But one of the best upgrades is a better set of rims and tires! 75% of the road handling of an RC truck is related to the right tires.

The rest is motor/ESC, suspension, suspension tuning, and so on ;)
Yeah, got the metal servo, but once that breaks I will probably go with savox or something

The high torque servo is a tad slower, I can feel it on the Rockslide with the TSX55 versus the high speed TSX40 servo on the Vorteks.

Both have metal gears.

FB_IMG_1465445142559.jpg

An update! Woooooohooooo got the Traxxas big bore installed and ready to roll! The ride height is perfect for off-roading now, doesn't squat as much as the stock either! Will give you all updates about these shocks.

Could you give us the measurement from eye to eye?
The traxxas big bores are direct fitment in the rear, Walter said the shocks are 2mm longer than stock. Rear are direct fit and the front are almost direct fit, just for the fronts you need to change the lower ball end and then they should work. Comes with 30wt shock oil

Model number is tra5862

The traxxas big bores are direct fitment in the rear, Walter said the shocks are 2mm longer than stock. Rear are direct fit and the front are almost direct fit, just for the fronts you need to change the lower ball end and then they should work. Comes with 30wt shock oil

Model number is tra5862
Ready to roll? Or rumble?

Last edited:
Another update and shout out to Dreadstar, I got some tire he recommended from china... of course still being shipped bought 4 tires for only $19 here is an exact link: http://m.ebay.com/itm/371650133175
All I need to do is glue them myself, hopefully the standard super glue doesn't eat away the foam from the tires... I think it'll do the job... planning to get a light bar in the future, @Sasquatch86 recommended one that he bought from banggood.com a $10 led light bar

Oh yeah the $19 tires are just for wheelies only hehe

You'll be fine with just the standard superglue,it works on these tyres perfectly well. Just be prepared for tyre skreech when you corner too fast, or brake too hard.

on order to replace: slipper pads, differential maintenance set, pinion and spur cover, and my warrantied rx and tx, which will probably be the new tactic

will have new differential incase of leakage, slipper pads worn, will reuse old one after sanding, and my open spur gear cover was completely ripped off... which idk how it happened lol
tons of repair parts, in the meanwhile I will be running the yeti xl and the new package I received today (drumroll!) Kyosho rage vei. I am planning on getting proper electronics for the rage vei because the electronics are a 2 in 1... esc and motor combined is no good... and it only supports 2s... for 4wd truggy that is BS electronics... big tires heat offroad more and more heat= disaster.

yep thats all that has been happening right now

I notice the 'blue' slipper pads for ARRMA seem to be much better than the older 'reddish' ones - make sure thats what you get when ordering.

Congrats on the Kyosho Rage VEI - I was looking at one of these BECAUSE of the fact it was a nice brushless setup RTR, the combined BL motor and ESCs are usually not too bad for most 1/10 rigs, esp considering a 2900Kv motor and its not overly heavy at 3.8lbs... Obviously a separated setup will get you much more as well as some serious performance, but for $299 (or less) it looks nice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back