Infraction The journey begins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fishtank

work the hardest when no one is watching
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
So I’m going to try my hand at building a road car. Scorched carbon fiber chassis with a MMX8S/1260kv combo with a Flopack cap pack. Have new infraction as a donor vehicle.
5BA9A0D8-4E09-4B0E-BD29-18A11B7C6006.jpeg
902C1C97-DA2C-4E87-8B58-BE27545A3080.png
D275E948-6451-4913-AAAF-57A879169AD0.png
0297F694-F971-4630-A558-0A9703BB92CC.png

How important are chassis braces on a speed run car?
Depends on how often and how hard you crash. :LOL:

Here's how I see it: with the Scorched CF chassis, I'm not using anything else. No braces, no T2T or center torsion brace. I have the torsion brace, but I removed it after a little while because I didn't feel like it was adding much, structurally. It looks better with it installed, but I don't mind not having to mess around with it when taking the car apart and putting it back together. The chassis is so stiff I feel confident in its ability to survive most any crash. I think the aluminum plates have a greater chance of taking damage than the chassis. If you're running one of the available aluminum chassis, I'd say run a T2T or torsion brace and skip the chassis braces. But that's just me...YMMV. :)
I’d like to know what braces work with the PP shafts?
None that I'm aware of (not saying none exist, I'm just not aware of any if there are). Skip the braces. You won't need 'em with that chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back