The kid and I have been working on this 😊

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
She did it! She’s up on two wheels! The training wheels are no more! I’ve been working on this with her since she and her mom came into my life 3 years ago. I got her this new bike last Christmas and we have slowly been moving up the training wheels and practicing. Today she finally said ‘take them off Dougie and let me try it now’.
Success!! I’m so proud of her 😊

479F2F7B-815F-4982-8612-DFF7CAB9D4EE.jpeg

C813CAED-3F84-45FD-961E-83FA59B23CE9.jpeg

78488469-C0BD-4C71-95B0-95A7B19AA06E.jpeg

89DF476C-9997-4B02-BCAC-B2DDBFC79067.jpeg

9EC2F538-1092-46F9-BA51-C4D7049A1D69.jpeg

Got me in the feels brother. Freaking awsome. One of those moments you'll never forget. 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🙌👏🏻
Very true. I love being a dad again and this little one is so special. She deserves a true father, not the drunken narcissistic mess her biological father is. Thank god we won full custody 14 months ago. I also needed a kid again. I realize that more and more with each passing day.

@Velodromed ATTA BOY! ... err ... ATTA GIRL! ... ATTA BOTHA-YA! (you know what I mean).

Atta boy: To you, sir, for sticking with it and being there for your daughter, giving encouragement and having the patience necessary to teach.

Atta girl: To your daughter for completing a task ... nay, a desire (that's it!) to ride a bike. She's overcome an obstacle on her own and that's a HUGE confidence boost.

Awesome man! What’s the secret?!? Mine absolutely hates it

Bring a life long cyclist (until I broke myself in 2016) I’ve taught many kids to ride bikes over the years and the best way to do it I’ve found is to take off the pedals and let them learn how to push and balance. Once we got that down, put the peddles back on and it’s pretty easy for them to finish picking it up.
Belle is a little bit different though. She needed to go at her own easy pace, so it took us the better part of three years. Totally worth it 😊
She ever take it off any sweet jumps? 🤣
Nope. She is well aware of the damage I’ve done to myself riding bikes for so many years 😂

That's awesome! You don't want to know how dad taught us to ride a bike. Lol.

Sometimes people find each other for a reason. Kudos to you.

That's awesome! You don't want to know how dad taught us to ride a bike. Lol.

Sometimes people find each other for a reason. Kudos to you.
Um…a hard push off a steep hill? Just kidding lol. Thanks man. Yup, my family is about second chances for all three of us.

So cool. Something you never forget. You both got another go at life. I remember strapping a broom to the handlebars and towing my daughter when she learnt . Seems like yesterday. Now 17 and learning to drive (uk). Don't think the broom will work this time.🤣 Happy memories. 👍

Um…a hard push off a steep hill? Just kidding lol. Thanks man. Yup, my family is about second chances for all three of us.
Lol. That's exactly what he did. Took a girls 24" wheeled bike. (no bar to hurt sensitive parts and way too big) Removed the pedals and chain. Sent us down the hill in the back yard. When you could balance it and stop it before crashing into the woods...you got the bike with pedals and chain. Worked for me and 4 brothers. Can't even guess how many times I went up and down that hill. We all can ride a bike and lived to tell the tale. It was a grass covered hill....Lol.

Quality instructing! @Velodromed
Thanks man!!
Lol. That's exactly what he did. Took a girls 24" wheeled bike. (no bar to hurt sensitive parts and way too big) Removed the pedals and chain. Sent us down the hill in the back yard. When you could balance it and stop it before crashing into the woods...you got the bike with pedals and chain. Worked for me and 4 brothers. Can't even guess how many times I went up and down that hill. We all can ride a bike and lived to tell the tale. It was a grass covered hill....Lol.
Well, at least it was a grass or dirt hill. 4 brothers!? Dang, your house must’ve been a constant, semi controlled riot growing up 😂
So cool. Something you never forget. You both got another go at life. I remember strapping a broom to the handlebars and towing my daughter when she learnt . Seems like yesterday. Now 17 and learning to drive (uk). Don't think the broom will work this time.🤣 Happy memories. 👍
Wow, you definitely have an experience going on with her learning how to drive. I’m already working on Belle. She can drive a golf cart with skill. Waiting for her to grow a few more inches before we start working on the big car. Did the same thing with my son and other stepdaughter some 20 years ago. These are definitely memories that last not only our lifetimes but the kids as well 😊
Very cool!! Next, you'll be teaching her to drive! 😜 😁 ✌️ 🎅
Thanks buddy! Lol already am. She’s got driving a golf cart down very good. Still a bit too short for the big car though, but next year when she’s 10 will start working on that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back