Granite The kids new granite is slow on lipo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metalbrain

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I got my 12 year old stepson a granite voltage for Christmas. It's his first rc. Out of the box with the supplied battery we were actually pretty happy with its speed. I bought him a couple 2s 5200 lipos and a good charger. I was hoping for just a small increase in speed. And its slower on the lipo. Upon doing some reading I guess that's normal because of a 2s reaching a lower peak voltage than the nimh. So what can I do to get his truck faster on the 2s battery. Im not trying to make it super fast because I don't think this is a good platform for that. I just want to make it a little more exciting for him.

Did you switch the plug on the esc from nihm to lipo?

Yeah we did that
Actually guys I think I figured it out. The kid had all the trim knobs on the radio turned all sorts of ways lol.

Last edited:
Did you turn the middle knob of the top three on the TX fully to the right (pro mode)? Is the throttle trim set correctly? Maybe you changed them unintentionally. Do the LiPos have a rating of at least 25C (see manual)?
Not sure about the higher peak voltage of the NiMh battery. A fully charged 2S LiPo offers 8,4 Volts. The NiMh shouldn't reach that to my knowledge. A LiPo should give more punch too.

Did you turn the middle knob of the top three on the TX fully to the right (pro mode)? Is the throttle trim set correctly? Maybe you changed them unintentionally. Do the LiPos have a rating of at least 25C (see manual)?
Not sure about the higher peak voltage of the NiMh battery. A fully charged 2S LiPo offers 8,4 Volts. The NiMh shouldn't reach that to my knowledge. A LiPo should give more punch too.
Yeah the kid had accidentally turned the throttle trim down

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back