Notorious THE KING

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhett

Starvin Delmarvin
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Nero
The new Armma notorious absolutely blew my mind and met all of my expectations by far. I have a 14 pinion on my kraton and notorious has the stock 12 I assume and both on 6s . Notorious is faster and handles great

Throw that 14 on the outcast if there is more room on your face for a bigger smile!
Just did the 14 and motor gets warm not hot but warm. You think it'll be fine running around grass to? I do with my kraton and it does get warm not hot

I love how excited you are about your trucks. Makes me wish there wasn't a foot of snow and ice that needs to melt, before I can really get out again and start bashing. Keep posting these happy thoughts, it makes it feel just a bit warmer than it really is.

No worries bro glad I can be of service lol... I'm worried about that motor on the notorious not to hot warm I would say. I guess it will be fine

Attachments

• 15498140139815704873409694763273.jpg
    15498140139815704873409694763273.jpg
    278.5 KB · Views: 32
I just ordered a fan for the motor. That will keep her cool with the 14 speed gear

The "speed" pinion in your new kit is a 16 tooth, and they don't recommend running it offroad at all. That 14 tooth is definitely going to heat things up a bit more, but it is still a new truck, so it's going to be more forgiving. The stock bearings are all metal shield, and are not as forgiving, so the more you run, the greater the resistance will rise. Like you mentioned earlier, that 12t is still giving you a great smiles/tooth ratio, and that's all running bone stock. Every change you make, should be followed by considerations about other parts that will be affected. If one bearing starts to go south, that resistance will inevitably affect the heat generated in the motor, as it tries to power through that resistance. I can go on and on, but I think you know what I mean. Even with the 12t, without some needed changes and routine maintenance, at some point your going to have to start wrenching. So choose your poison, blast it like its nobody's business, and keep the spares and tools at the ready.

I agree with no worries, break it, fix it- but I am also new to this truck.

So, 12 teeth is stock, 14 will be faster, 16 is what the speed gear is it came with....

I think I am OK with the 14 then.. what's the worst that can happen? ;)

At this point, I'm soo far in on everything- F it, lets have fun!

Same as when I was told to 'keep it to 4S' by everyone. Why? Yea I have to spend more on battery, charger, power supply, ....and I suppose wear and tear ...but if I am already 80% in... might as well not worry about breaking a $50-$100 part.

Anyone have the part # for the 14 if that is my best all around option for more speed on the Notorious while still doing grass, mild hill, jumps, ..

How many mph gain is it? How much does it decrease accel? I think I will be OK with a loss in decel given it just wheelies all the way across my yard while spinning tire all the way.. and I can up the punch which I haven't done yet.

I agree with no worries, break it, fix it- but I am also new to this truck.

So, 12 teeth is stock, 14 will be faster, 16 is what the speed gear is it came with....

I think I am OK with the 14 then.. what's the worst that can happen? ;)

At this point, I'm soo far in on everything- F it, lets have fun!

Same as when I was told to 'keep it to 4S' by everyone. Why? Yea I have to spend more on battery, charger, power supply, ....and I suppose wear and tear ...but if I am already 80% in... might as well not worry about breaking a $50-$100 part.

Anyone have the part # for the 14 if that is my best all around option for more speed on the Notorious while still doing grass, mild hill, jumps, ..

How many mph gain is it? How much does it decrease accel? I think I will be OK with a loss in decel given it just wheelies all the way across my yard while spinning tire all the way.. and I can up the punch which I haven't done yet.
It's insane bro 3/4 throttle and front wanting to wheelie and I have 500k in center diff 50 rear 80 front. It's scary because I don't have any room to much poop in the way lol

I love how excited you are about your trucks. Makes me wish there wasn't a foot of snow and ice that needs to melt, before I can really get out again and start bashing. Keep posting these happy thoughts, it makes it feel just a bit warmer than it really is.
Not to mention the sub arctic temps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back