The Kraton 8s is underpriced..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree. The K8S does not compare to a DBXLE and it would be silly to price the K8S to that beast unless you want to lower the sales of the K8S lol. The K8S is a simple build with 1/6 electronics so i don't see your point of it being under priced, also without a scale look which cost. The Xmaxx is overpriced as is as a hunk of plastic with hints of metal so my opinion is that the K8S is priced as it should but still pushing it. For $1100 the K8s would need to be more bulletproof and have a REAL 1/5 system in it with raw power (not talking about max).

There is a sweet spot for pricing, to low you don't make much of a profit, to high you lose sales so $800 is at that sweet spot. If the price goes up, it will be because they upgraded it and the price jump will reflect that and not because its popular... If that was the case as popularity was the only reason, we would of seen all ARRMA's jump in price overtime and i don't think ARRMA and Horizon are that greedy, least ARRMA's not.
Your entitled to your opinion and should buy accordingly. I choose the K8 over the DBLX 2.0 (I am a Losi fan boy as noted throughout this forum). I agree $800 is a sweet spot which is why its priced there. Personally I felt it was a better vehicle, and honestly underpriced for what you got. Plus I wanted something NEW maybe I'll buy the DBLX-E version 10.25 when that comes out. Rumor is the upgraded the drivers heads so they don't pop off and the cage won't crack with a gentle roll over. There are lots of Losi 2.0 video with some light use and durability issues. That's not a bad thing for Losi or Arrma, it's what to expect when your running 28lb and 24lb vehicles. They are both Ready to Repair, so you know what your getting into before you buy. With a 4lb increase with the Losi.

Last edited:
I followed the first 2 times.... I never said anything about the 8s truck in the first place... I don't even know how this thread went in this direction. This is just annoying now.
Thats understandable, nothing but opinions... and we all, know what those are like.. Probably best .... to just let it go.

Attachments

• 20191215_185920.jpg
    20191215_185920.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 43
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back