The Kraton 8s is underpriced..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the pinkish car on the right?
That's 1973 Pierre Cardin AMX, 401, super t-10 4sp. 3:91 posi. Paint code F3= Fresh Plum purple. 29,xxx. Orginal miles. The Shelby has 1061.x miles

Attachments

• 20141005_135505.jpg
    20141005_135505.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20150131_224146.jpg
    20150131_224146.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20150131_225914.jpg
    20150131_225914.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 20150131_225929.jpg
    20150131_225929.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 58
  • 20150131_193652.jpg
    20150131_193652.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 47
That's 1973 Pierre Cardin AMX, 401, super t-10 4sp. 3:91 posi. Paint code F3= Fresh Plum purple. 29,xxx. Orginal miles. The Shelby has 1061.x miles
Thought it was an X or Javelin, was looking on mobile phone. The door handles and long front fenders gave it away. Had a friend with a AMX with a small block chevy that we all raced in our click, ran low 11s and pulled the front wheels on a small slick. Been a speed freak myself all my life. Cars, trucks, boats, bikes, nitro, anything fuel related. I'm in my 60s and still have a bracket drag car. Once in your blood, it's all over lol.

Attachments

• 20170713_185822.jpg
    20170713_185822.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 40
I was just going to post a thread titled all most the same. There are so many people on the FB groups b******* about the Kraton 8s being overpriced. The irony is the same people love to talk about how amazing the xmaxx is.

As op stated the Kraton 8s really must be priced with very low margin with the intent to grow marketshare.

Its basically got a $200esc, a $120 motor, an $80 radio system, a $50 servo, and what, $170 wheel/tires? Around $620 of equipment in it (at list anyway) without even counting the actual truck itself, and still priced at $900 from day 1. That's an insane value/price ratio for a consumer, especially compared to other 1/5ish rcs.

Then there's the fact that the actual design and layout is fantastic for maintenance and upgrades, with virtually no proprietary stuff forced on you. Don't want spektrum batteries? No problem use ec5 acme brand batteries, don't even have to change the esc leads. Different wheels? No problem. All these things add up as value gained, and it still comes priced match to a monster truck that's been out for a long time.

you guys street race a lot?
Yeah, I'm out there a few days a week, something always going on. Big money races on week nights and kids and wanna be on weekends. Have to know someone when the Big Dogs run, they don't like the riff raff out there when they run. Street hooks up pretty well when sprayed, has more rubber laid down than some racetracks.
20170324_225749.jpg

Yeah, I get the the price comparison 100%..! Ive seen what your 4s rigs can take... I also see the product you are getting in the 8s for $900 vs a $550 setup in the 6s... I am not disagreeing with that at all... My only argument is the potential. The 6s has the most potential "if you are prepared to spend $900-1000"

You still missed the point he was making lol. He is saying that there is a place and price point for all model Kratons, whereas some here were knocking the 8s for existing.
People are saying there's no point in getting an 8S Kraton because it's just a larger version of the 6S Kraton (which it's not). I was trying to show that saying that is as absurd as saying the 6s Kraton is just a larger version of the 4s Kraton. Follow??
Nope... lol

Both, the Shelby on an occasional good weather drive. The AMX, I've bracket raced and drove, now I just fire it up and take it for a spin up and down the driveway. The AMX is waiting to be fully restored. It was the first car I bought in 1986. I have other fun things to drive so I don't get bored.

Having been into large scale for years, your getting way more truck than what your paying for. This is my first and only Arrma. At this price my only assumption would be Arrma deliberately priced matched the Xmax 8s to get some market share. I would guess low margin sales on the vehicle, then make up the difference in upgrade parts. Sitting side by side in the hobby shop there really is no comparison between vehicles. I could easily see the Kraton 8s selling at $1100. I'm actually thankful I bought one, I feel like I stole it. if they become wildly popular I wouldn't be surprised to see the price increase.
To say I'm impressed would be an understatement. Now for the same boring stock Arrma pictures. ???
I disagree. The K8S does not compare to a DBXLE and it would be silly to price the K8S to that beast unless you want to lower the sales of the K8S lol. The K8S is a simple build with 1/6 electronics so i don't see your point of it being under priced, also without a scale look which cost. The Xmaxx is overpriced as is as a hunk of plastic with hints of metal so my opinion is that the K8S is priced as it should but still pushing it. For $1100 the K8s would need to be more bulletproof and have a REAL 1/5 system in it with raw power (not talking about max).

There is a sweet spot for pricing, to low you don't make much of a profit, to high you lose sales so $800 is at that sweet spot. If the price goes up, it will be because they upgraded it and the price jump will reflect that and not because its popular... If that was the case as popularity was the only reason, we would of seen all ARRMA's jump in price overtime and i don't think ARRMA and Horizon are that greedy, least ARRMA's not.

All RC are engineered to a price point, kits of things could be better, even Arrma and Traxxas sell their own upgrades, that should tell you a lot right there. Look at the amount of upgrades available directly from Traxxas. Although I'm impressed with the Revo 2.0 and Maxx trucks.

I'm not even interested in 1/5 scale, I'm downsizing from the Outcast 6s to the 4s. 6s truck is pretty big, heavy, and powerful, it's really too much for neighborhood bashing. I also invested a lot in upgrading it to strengthen it. The initial price is attractive, but it lacks a lot. I'd advise anyone interested in a Kraton 6s to just go with the Tekno ET48 kit, it will actually be cheaper in the long run, much better quality.

The 4s Outcast looks not much smaller, mine is in the mail. I was very impressed by the bashing videos I found that nearly nothing broke in stock form even launching huge air and crashing. Parts are cheaper, batteries are cheaper, and it's hopefully less dangerous and scary for small children on my street.

All RC are engineered to a price point, kits of things could be better, even Arrma and Traxxas sell their own upgrades, that should tell you a lot right there. Look at the amount of upgrades available directly from Traxxas. Although I'm impressed with the Revo 2.0 and Maxx trucks.

I'm not even interested in 1/5 scale, I'm downsizing from the Outcast 6s to the 4s. 6s truck is pretty big, heavy, and powerful, it's really too much for neighborhood bashing. I also invested a lot in upgrading it to strengthen it. The initial price is attractive, but it lacks a lot. I'd advise anyone interested in a Kraton 6s to just go with the Tekno ET48 kit, it will actually be cheaper in the long run, much better quality.

The 4s Outcast looks not much smaller, mine is in the mail. I was very impressed by the bashing videos I found that nearly nothing broke in stock form even launching huge air and crashing. Parts are cheaper, batteries are cheaper, and it's hopefully less dangerous and scary for small children on my street.
Ehhh I kinda agree that the electronics aren't the super shebang in terms of raw power but they're definitely adequate for the rig since you can get 55-60 on it just with pinion swap without overheating. For me 24t pinion results in no issues with speed or power.
But anyway I really just wanted to respond to say I really want a tekno et48 ?. But I already have a Kraton 8s, highly modified Talion, granite, Kraton 6s, some POS crawler and a wife so I might need to wait lmao.

All RC are engineered to a price point, kits of things could be better, even Arrma and Traxxas sell their own upgrades, that should tell you a lot right there.
isnt it so that "hop ups" are quite known in RC in general - apart from helicopters I'd say? as you said - get a good/good enough stock platform on the shelf but allow people to buy hop ups if they think its necessary ...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back