Kraton The Kraton is a Beast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha... It does sound that way a bit :p
Tower sends to aus.... I just had a quick look to see what it would be with shipping... Works our to $957 aud to get it to my door ! 699 at my local guy is much better :) i always like to buy my cars local anyway... Much easier if something goes wrong with it.
I usually get my spares off the net tho.
Jrc on ebay will send stuff out so much cheaper than local.
Kraton driveshafts front, rear and centre is about 80bucks. Local its 87 front, 87 rear and 60 for centre.

Hahaha... It does sound that way a bit :p
Tower sends to aus.... I just had a quick look to see what it would be with shipping... Works our to $957 aud to get it to my door ! 699 at my local guy is much better :) i always like to buy my cars local anyway... Much easier if something goes wrong with it.
I usually get my spares off the net tho.
Jrc on ebay will send stuff out so much cheaper than local.
Kraton driveshafts front, rear and centre is about 80bucks. Local its 87 front, 87 rear and 60 for centre.
Wow, I wonder if Tower is forced to charge you that much due to some kind of exportation law or something? You need a friend in US to buy for you and ship to you, lol. I cannot imagine shipping costing 500 dollars.

499 for the car.. And 222 for shipping. Then exchange at about 70cent for the dollar.
I didnt check but i assume tower site is in usd and not aud ?
Either way... Posting big stuff from there to here can be huge ! My cousin lives in florida and last year i sent her some red tulip easter bunnies and it ended up costing me about 50 bucks to send 20 dollars worth of chocolate !

499 for the car.. And 222 for shipping. Then exchange at about 70cent for the dollar.
I didnt check but i assume tower site is in usd and not aud ?
Either way... Posting big stuff from there to here can be huge ! My cousin lives in florida and last year i sent her some red tulip easter bunnies and it ended up costing me about 50 bucks to send 20 dollars worth of chocolate !
How do you guys afford to live there? Does everyone make bank? Sheesh!

Yeah I can't imagine Aus shipping. How is it there is Aus, as far as rc's goes. Have some good spots to run?
On a side note, my Kraton roller and 85% of my parts will be here by this weekend... I'm sooo excited beyond belief!! Lol.
I have a whole host of parts ready to make it "bulletproof", or close enough.

Its different for everyone... We just go week by week. Rent for the year is half my pay and with three little kids it can be tough but ya just kinda get used to prices. It could be worse tho... Theres people around that don't own a kraton ! :) Everything cost more on the west coast where we are too... Thats one thing with postage.. It comes in over east then it takes another week or more to ger here after that.
As for bashing spots... Where i live theres about 8 parks and 2 bmx tracks within 10 minutes... And of course the beach is only a 3 minute drive away... And theres parks at the beach too. Only issue this time of year is heat. Its a nice 28c with a sea breeze today... But last week it was 43 and running cars in that is not good... Just Going outside in that is not good either ! :p

Its different for everyone... We just go week by week. Rent for the year is half my pay and with three little kids it can be tough but ya just kinda get used to prices. It could be worse tho... Theres people around that don't own a kraton ! :) Everything cost more on the west coast where we are too... Thats one thing with postage.. It comes in over east then it takes another week or more to ger here after that.
As for bashing spots... Where i live theres about 8 parks and 2 bmx tracks within 10 minutes... And of course the beach is only a 3 minute drive away... And theres parks at the beach too. Only issue this time of year is heat. Its a nice 28c with a sea breeze today... But last week it was 43 and running cars in that is not good... Just Going outside in that is not good either ! :p
Oh wow man, thats crazy hot. It's about 50° F here in Colorado, but it was in the songle digits not too long ago. Too cold to run, fingers get frozen. Lol

Its only the start of summer too... doesn't get hot for another month or so... Last year we had a month of nothing under 36 and 5 days in a row above 42. Days werent to bad but when its still 32 at 1am that kinda sucks ! We all say its to hot but then winter comes and when it hits zero everyone complains how cold it is ! :p
Generally its nice most of the year tho so theres alot of time for bashing !
I cant wait to get the kraton and typhon out a bit more... I only got them at xmas, picked up 4 more lipos this week so i should be able to get in a few good runs over the weekend :-D

Nice man. I cant wait until I get my Kraton going. I need some bash time. Lol. Have been jonsing bad.

Isnt that the truth. People female dog when its hot and when it's cold.. They can move if they want right!? Lol

Haha... Yep ! Theres always someone complaining about it ! :p

I'm tempted to take my typhon to work tomorrow... The boss is away and theres a big grassed/dirt area out the front. Be good to get paid while i play ! :p

Haha... Yep ! Theres always someone complaining about it ! :p

I'm tempted to take my typhon to work tomorrow... The boss is away and theres a big grassed/dirt area out the front. Be good to get paid while i play ! :p
Haha! Love it! Always great to play and get paid.

Strip the gears or did it give up the ghost ??
Blew out the gears, first I lost the left side clicking and grinding, then the right side. The Voltage hobbies servo mount I ordered just showed up. Nice piece of kit. I am waiting on a servo I ordered before last weekend before I had the servo go, but I am going to run over to my LHS tomorrow and see what they have that could get me back up and running this Weekend.

Got any photos of the servo mount ??
I think i'll be getting something sooner rather than later... Got quite alot of flex in the stockers thats for sure ! I gather its just the plastic legs twisting on them ?

Got any photos of the servo mount ??
I think i'll be getting something sooner rather than later... Got quite alot of flex in the stockers thats for sure ! I gather its just the plastic legs twisting on them ?

image.jpg

Here you go. Voltage is run by a small time guy that sent a handwritten note saying he appreciated the business.
image.jpg

Thats nice ! I'll look him and see what they cost to post to Aus :)
Took my kraton for its first run at the small bmx track down the road yesterday... Oh so much more fun than when i took my rustler there last. Full speed cart wheels off bad landings and not one broken part !

Took my kraton for its first run at the small bmx track down the road yesterday... Oh so much more fun than when i took my rustler there last. Full speed cart wheels off bad landings and not one broken part !
Yeah man I agree about the cartwheels. Took mine out for the first time today also. I didn't beat it totally up as I didn't wanna break anything. But it def seems more durable than my Nero was. Pretty sure I would have broken something on the Nero. Lol. Def happy with the Kraton though.

Congrats! It sounds horrible but I'm still shocked everytime I hit LVC before something breaks. Even more so when you have been hitting up a BMX track

I got the voltage hobbies servo mount in along with an upgraded servo and logged another viscous construction site bash in the books. It consisted of a couple of excellent catrtwheel situations. The first of which ripped the fake grill sticker off the front of the truck. I accidentally wiped out several grade stakes at full speed(sorry dirt work guys). The run finished out with me finding an 8 foot Pile of road base, fill dirt and jumping it over and over again. At this point I can tell I have a slightly bent front left shock shaft. I'll straighten it out and continue to give her hell. I have also snapped off two of the fan blades on the esc. After seeing those dirt Jumps@Rich Duperbash was slinging his rig off of this bash was fairly tame. Still can't believe what this thing can put up with. I think it helped that It was 52 and sunny.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back