Kraton The Kraton is a Beast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the voltage hobbies servo mount in along with an upgraded servo and logged another viscous construction site bash in the books. It consisted of a couple of excellent catrtwheel situations. The first of which ripped the fake grill sticker off the front of the truck. I accidentally wiped out several grade stakes at full speed(sorry dirt work guys). The run finished out with me finding an 8 foot Pile of road base, fill dirt and jumping it over and over again. At this point I can tell I have a slightly bent front left shock shaft. I'll straighten it out and continue to give her hell. I have also snapped off two of the fan blades on the esc. After seeing those dirt Jumps@Rich Duperbash was slinging his rig off of this bash was fairly tame. Still can't believe what this thing can put up with. I think it helped that It was 52 and sunny.
That's awesome, sounds like a fun bash session for sure! I think hard rolls will sometimes bend/break the shafts, all good fun.

That's awesome, sounds like a fun bash session for sure! I think hard rolls will sometimes bend/break the shafts, all good fun.

It was a riot! I think I need to throw a front bumper on this thing. I am getting a significant amount of wear on the bumped out portion of the chassis at the front and rear diff from landing on rocks and asphalt. I also need to finish up my tower to tower brace. I freakin love this truck! It has restored the fun in RC for me.

IMG_0528.PNG
Yeah buddy !

It was a riot! I think I need to throw a front bumper on this thing. I am getting a significant amount of wear on the bumped out portion of the chassis at the front and rear diff from landing on rocks and asphalt. I also need to finish up my tower to tower brace. I freakin love this truck! It has restored the fun in RC for me.
I just borrowed Typhon Tbone from my son's and slapped it on the Kraton after a large rock took a chunk of plastic off inside A arm near chassis. I've found bumpers are good for crap landings too as long as they don't just shovel dirt. Think they take some force in rolls off the wheels/shocks, definitely protect chassis from direct damage from slaps. Personally, I think Kraton Tbone sticks out a bit far, would interfere with ramp launches somewhat I think. The Kraton is a Beast for sure and very addictive basher!

I just borrowed Typhon Tbone from my son's and slapped it on the Kraton after a large rock took a chunk of plastic off inside A arm near chassis. I've found bumpers are good for crap landings too as long as they don't just shovel dirt. Think they take some force in rolls off the wheels/shocks, definitely protect chassis from direct damage from slaps. Personally, I think Kraton Tbone sticks out a bit far, would interfere with ramp launches somewhat I think. The Kraton is a Beast for sure and very addictive basher!

Rich,
Do you you like Typhon bumper better for the Kraton?

IMG_20170129_184724231.jpg
Rich,
Do you you like Typhon bumper better for the Kraton?
Just started using it and so far so good. Mind you I've been using it on the Outcast for some time since stock one crapped out after collision with Kraton during family bash, totally Dad's bad of course..Lol. I've bashed the crap out of mine with the Outcast and it's done great. You won't have the same width as Kraton style and only attached to chassis bottom. I'm personally fine with simple design and minimal front coverage. I'm done ramming poles, but have hit small trees when it was still on the Typhon and it's held up great. Not sure I'd want any other attachment design as to spare the front diff case anyhow. Haven't personally owned any other Tbone.

Attachments

• IMG_20170129_184739980.jpg
    IMG_20170129_184739980.jpg
    276.6 KB · Views: 48
View attachment 6040
Just started using it and so far so good. Mind you I've been using it on the Outcast for some time since stock one crapped out after collision with Kraton during family bash, totally Dad's bad of course..Lol. I've bashed the crap out of mine with the Outcast and it's done great. You won't have the same width as Kraton style and only attached to chassis bottom. I'm personally fine with simple design and minimal front coverage. I'm done ramming poles, but have hit small trees when it was still on the Typhon and it's held up great. Not sure I'd want any other attachment design as to spare the front diff case anyhow. Haven't personally owned any other Tbone.

I appreciate the Pic. It looks perfect. Not too wide and it turns up quickly and does not stick out too far. I agree with you on the simple design. I don't really want it attaching anywhere else either. Thanks Rich!

I appreciate the Pic. It looks perfect. Not too wide and it turns up quickly and does not stick out too far. I agree with you on the simple design. I don't really want it attaching anywhere else either. Thanks Rich!
No problem Corider, I'm ordering 2 more to put back on the Typhons. Tried to load more pics, but they wouldn't load.... Just kept thinking...Lol.

That looks nice. I was wondering if typhon bumpers fit the kraton. Do you know if the back ones fit too ??
And if the back ones are even worth putting on ?

That looks nice. I was wondering if typhon bumpers fit the kraton. Do you know if the back ones fit too ??
I'll check real quick and reply back. Would at least protect chassis from slaps/scrapes when running front/back.

Sorry, had to get kids down. Rear Typhon bumper fits fine, not sure if I'll run it, definitely would if running/jumping concrete stuff, skateparks. Not a bad idea either way, not too heavy, but stuff adds up. Sorry having problems loading pics today.
IMG_20170129_205909672.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170129_205543323.jpg
    IMG_20170129_205543323.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 43
That looks pretty good. Not to big.
The little bmx track down the road from has lots of blue metal/cement sticking out from under the yellow sand. Thought some tbones might be the way to go for down there.....
I'll have a look what they flog for post to Aus !
And thanks for the pics mate :)

Are back bumper is a nice addition also!

View attachment 6061 That's all I do for bumpers.
That's a nice bumper Vanning, what model is that for or is it just cut way down?

Are back bumper is a nice addition also!

That's a nice bumper Vanning, what model is that for or is it just cut way down?
I meant to say that back bumpers are a nice addition also.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back