Kraton The Kraton is a Beast!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
First off this is in no way meant to be a slight to Traxxas Fans. This is just my experience today. I had the chance to take my Kraton out to a track today to have some fun. Upon showing up the rc track had been bulldozed. Fortunately there is a BMX track as well so I headed over. As I got there a guy with an E Revo showed up running 6s. He tells me he just got it back from Traxxas and they replaced a bunch of stuff under warranty for free. He is running an entirely metal drivetrain on the E Revo. He hits his first jump flips the thing upside down and lands it on its lid. Walks up and it's broken, freaks out picks up the truck, throws the truck and remote(ouch!!).

I proceed to beat the living snot out of my Kraton. Some good landings, some absolutely horrible landings. I run 3 packs(4s) through the thing with no damage. This truck is amazing! Part of the reason I left rc for a while was the, drive a half a pack, break something, fix the truck vicious cycle. I can't believe the beating this truck can take. Don't get me wrong, my wing and my lid have seen better days, but holy smokes is this truck Tuff!

Last edited:
First off this is in no way meant to be a slight to Traxxas Fans. This is just my experience today. I had the chance to take my Kraton out to a track today to have some fun. Upon showing up the rc track had been bulldozed. Fortunately there is a BMX track as well so I headed over. As I got there a guy with an E Revo showed up running 6s. He tells me he just got it back from Traxxas and they replaced a bunch of stuff under warranty for free. He is running an entirely metal drivetrain on the E Revo. He hits his first jump flips the thing upside down and lands it on its lid. Walks up and it's broken, freaks out picks up the truck, throws the truck and reciever(ouch!!).

I proceed to beat the living snot out of my Kraton. Some good landings, some absolutely horrible landings. I run 3 packs(4s) through the thing with no damage. This truck is amazing! Part of the reason I left rc for a while was the, drive a half a pack, break something, fix the truck vicious cycle. I can't believe the beating this truck can take. Don't get me wrong, my wing and my lid have seen better days, but holy smokes is this truck Tuff!
Couldn't agree more. That's pretty funny about that dude flipping out. I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face....Lol. I've dropped my share of F bombs, but throwing stuff, anger management classes? I'm trying to fab a simple, but solid tower to tower brace using aluminum angle. Think if you go big enough it may be good insurance. As tough as the Kraton is, I just don't want a big failure with a really bad landing. Starting to think tower to tower bracing may be stronger than upgrading stock chassis braces with aluminum ones.

My buddy got the E-revo a few years ago... right out of the box he strips the spur gear on 4S. Then it was the diffs. He won't even run it anymore. It just sits on a table.

Couldn't agree more. That's pretty funny about that dude flipping out. I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face....Lol. I've dropped my share of F bombs, but throwing stuff, anger management classes? I'm trying to fab a simple, but solid tower to tower brace using aluminum angle. Think if you go big enough it may be good insurance. As tough as the Kraton is, I just don't want a big failure with a really bad landing. Starting to think tower to tower bracing may be stronger than upgrading stock chassis braces with aluminum ones.
My view was to not waste money on the chassis braces and just go tower to tower. I used a simple aluminum rod. I can still operate on everything on the car without it being removed. At first I wasn't proud of it... but it has proven to be bad ass. My resent method of securing it really made me realize.... it ain't pretty but it sure is simple and easy to deal with.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. That's pretty funny about that dude flipping out. I would have had a hard time keeping a straight face....Lol. I've dropped my share of F bombs, but throwing stuff, anger management classes? I'm trying to fab a simple, but solid tower to tower brace using aluminum angle. Think if you go big enough it may be good insurance. As tough as the Kraton is, I just don't want a big failure with a really bad landing. Starting to think tower to tower bracing may be stronger than upgrading stock chassis braces with aluminum ones.[/QUOTE

Fortunately for me I was on the other side of a table top jump and the guy couldn't see me. I felt bad for him but when gear started flying I lost it. I was trying to hold it together but when the remote took flight it was all over.

After what I did to mine today I think I am headed towards a tower to tower brace. I have a carbon fiber MT. Bike handlebar that due to crashing hard on, I no longer trust my personal well being using, however I would trust it for a chassis brace.

My buddy got the E-revo a few years ago... right out of the box he strips the spur gear on 4S. Then it was the diffs. He won't even run it anymore. It just sits on a table.

My first nitro monster truck was a t maxx. I literally gave it away

Last edited:
Had the T-max... hunk of garbage. The Nitro Revo was decent, I liked it. Now I have a very modified Slash. I love beating the hell out of it.

First off this is in no way meant to be a slight to Traxxas Fans. This is just my experience today. I had the chance to take my Kraton out to a track today to have some fun. Upon showing up the rc track had been bulldozed. Fortunately there is a BMX track as well so I headed over. As I got there a guy with an E Revo showed up running 6s. He tells me he just got it back from Traxxas and they replaced a bunch of stuff under warranty for free. He is running an entirely metal drivetrain on the E Revo. He hits his first jump flips the thing upside down and lands it on its lid. Walks up and it's broken, freaks out picks up the truck, throws the truck and reciever(ouch!!).

I was looking for a good reason to post this picture and I feel the same way you do. Not beating up on the Traxxas People here, because I myself own 2. Now since we got that out of the way, I found this funny. I haven't touched my Traxxas since buying my Arrmas.

15747810_1296297753767547_8577121033918802604_n.jpg

I was looking for a good reason to post this picture and I feel the same way you do. Not beating up on the Traxxas People here, because I myself own 2. Now since we got that out of the way, I found this funny. I haven't touched my Traxxas since buying my Arrmas.

View attachment 5339
I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering!!! That's hilarious.

I just shot a vid running my Backslash, jumping off Huck ramp 15-20 feet up with epic fail ending. Will post to media shortly, pretty funny.

LMAO Rich! Nice jump! At least you didn't break anything on the landing....or did you? Ha!

LMAO Rich! Nice jump! At least you didn't break anything on the landing....or did you? Ha!
Thanks bro, nothing broken, was pulling a fat backflip when that happened. My Backslash is pretty stout since I dumped a crap load of money taking off Traxxas parts/upgrading....Never had that happen before...Lol.

My view was to not waste money on the chassis braces and just go tower to tower. I used a simple aluminum rod. I can still operate on everything on the car without it being removed. At first I wasn't proud of it... but it has proven to be bad ass. My resent method of securing it really made me realize.... it ain't pretty but it sure is simple and easy to deal with.
Vanning when you have time, would you mind posting pics of your brace set up? I bought tubular and angle aluminum and have a few ideas, but would like to run stock Kraton body over it even if I need to raise it a bit.

I've heard that a slash done up the right way can take a beating
That's absolutely correct. They are very fun and durable if you dump the bread and replace all driveshafts, motor mount, hexes, arms, spur/slipper, electronics, ....Basically everything but the chassis and diffs...Lol. My Backslash started as a Slash Platinum with nice aluminum upgrades. Could have bought Kraton and Outcast with the money I dumped into her.

That's absolutely correct. They are very fun and durable if you dump the bread and replace all driveshafts, motor mount, hexes, arms, spur/slipper, electronics, ....Basically everything but the chassis and diffs...Lol. My Backslash started as a Slash Platinum with nice aluminum upgrades. Could have bought Kraton and Outcast with the money I dumped into her.
Basically make it a Senton but for more than twice the cost? Lol!

Funny you guys are talking about this Traxxas topic. I learned the hard way. $759 for Erevo. Broke something every run. Sold it for $400 a month later to get a Kraton. Don't see myself ever buying anything Traxxas again. Unfortunately my LHS pushes Traxxas all day. RC naivete at its finest. Figured if it's this expensive it's got top be the best thing since sliced bread! Pfffft!

@Corider... What rc track did you go to?

Last edited:
Same experiences here with Slash and E-Revo! Same as all of you! I sold my ERBE (happily) but still have my Backslash (heavily modified) and my other Slash still in SCT form, only because I wouldn't get ANY of the signify amount of money I dumped into them back if I sold.... So in just keeping...

Although I never drive either since I have all my Arrma's!

Funny you guys are taking about this Traxxas topic. I learned the hard way. $759 for Erevo. Broke something every run. Sold it for $400 a month later to get a Kraton. Don't see myself ever buying anything Traxxas again. Unfortunately my LHS pushes Traxxas all day. RC naivete at its finest. Figured if it's this expensive it's got top be the best thing since sliced bread! Pfffft!

@Corider... What rc track did you go to?
Wheels park in Aurora, no more rc track it got bulldozed. They still have a BMX track and dirt jump track. I'm hoping they are just going to rebuild the rc track but I doubt it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back