The last couple of days have been both good news days and bad news days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

The Old Guy
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Infraction 4x4
First the good news: I got my new Team Corally Radix 6s yesterday, and it looks great. Then the bad news: the 6s battery with XT90 connector I ordered was too large to fit the battery tray, so I couldn't run the Radix. The good news today is that the two smaller sized batteries I ordered late yesterday from Amazon were delivered today, and they fit perfectly. The bad news today is it's raining like crazy, and I still can't run my Radix. :(

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day: the rain will be gone, and the temperature is expected to cooperate.

First the good news: I got my new Team Corally Radix 6s yesterday, and it looks great. Then the bad news: the 6s battery with XT90 connector I ordered was too large to fit the battery tray, so I couldn't run the Radix. The good news today is that the two smaller sized batteries I ordered late yesterday from Amazon were delivered today, and they fit perfectly. The bad news today is it's raining like crazy, and I still can't run my Radix. :(

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day: the rain will be gone, and the temperature is expected to cooperate.
You must live in Florida
Cause the weather here sucks the past two days

What a rollercoaster. Damm. I almost pulled the trigger on a Corally a couple times. I kept stressing about parts availability. I got the servo out of one and hate Arrma RTR electronics with a passion. The Corally RTR servo is 25kg digital and works awesome. The 20 dollar servos I get off amazon are preferable to the weak sketchy ArrmaRTR servos.

Should have bought an Arrma typhon💪
I won't buy another vehicle with Spektrum electronics. By the time I bought a Typhon 6s and replaced all the Spektrum electronics I would have much more money invested in it than I do in my Radix ($380 plus batteries). I have a Kraton 6s, but there is nothing left in it that is Spektrum - not even the stickers.

I FINALLY got the Radix out for its maiden run today, but only for just a few minutes on pavement. All I can say is "WOW"! I have a long driveway, and I couldn't get above 50% throttle before I ran out of room. Acceleration and braking are as smooth as glass. Surprisingly, the stock tires are great on pavement: there was absolutely no slipping, even on high-speed turns. Now I have to wait for my huge backyard to dry up a bit from the rain so I can run the Radix off road.

I found out that the stock servo is designed to work at either 6.0V or 7.4V. I was able to use my Hobbywing programming card to change the BEC voltage on the Torox 185 ESC from 6.0V to 7.4V, and the change in voltage resulted in a noticeable increase in servo speed. This is the first stock servo that I haven't felt the need to upgrade immediately: at 7.4V the stock servo puts out 25kg of torque at a speed of .13 seconds. Corally did it right when they specified this servo.

Last edited:
I won't buy another vehicle with Spektrum electronics. By the time I bought a Typhon 6s and replaced all the Spektrum electronics I would have much more money invested in it than I do in my Radix ($380 plus batteries). I have a Kraton 6s, but there is nothing left in it that is Spektrum - not even the stickers.

I've had no issues with the Spectrum electronics in my Typhon. Over 100 packs through it and only the ESC fan broke. Everything else is stock.

I'm not sure why the servo gets such a bad rap. Mine had plenty of power and speed and it's still going. Same servo in my Notorious is a bit slow for the size of the tyres but in the Typhon it is great 👍

I FINALLY got the Radix out for its maiden run today, but only for just a few minutes on pavement. All I can say is "WOW"! I have a long driveway, and I couldn't get above 50% throttle before I ran out of room. Acceleration and braking are as smooth as glass. Surprisingly, the stock tires are great on pavement: there was absolutely no slipping, even on high-speed turns. Now I have to wait for my huge backyard to dry up a bit from the rain so I can run the Radix off road.

I found out that the stock servo is designed to work at either 6.0V or 7.4V. I was able to use my Hobbywing programming card to change the BEC voltage on the Torox 185 ESC from 6.0V to 7.4V. The change in voltage resulted in a noticeable increase in servo speed. This is the first stock ESC that I haven't felt the need to upgrade immediately: at 7.4V the stock servo puts out 25kg of torque at a speed of .13 seconds. Corally did it right when they specified this servo.
I knew you were probably going to like the car. Don’t own a TC car yet (if they make a desert buggy or truck I’m in😉, although that Sketer also looks at me everything I’m in the LHS), but their electronics are great. The Torox185 is a rebranded Max8👍.

Yes, the Torox185 is a rebranded Max8, but with a twist: the Torox has 185A of continuous amperage vice the 160A continuous amperage on the standard Max8.

I'm not sure who makes the motor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is Hobbywing. I'll have to do some more research.

Yes, the Torox185 is a rebranded Max8, but with a twist: the Torox has 185A of continuous amperage vice the 160A continuous amperage on the standard Max8.

I'm not sure who makes the motor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is Hobbywing. I'll have to do some more research.
Right, but the Spektrum stuff is also rebranded Hobbywing. ESC at least. Who knows on the servos. But the TC stuff may well be a higher spec.

Patience grasshopper, you have your whole life ahead of you. 😁

That Radix6 is a helluva deal. RTR out of the box. 🤟 Congrats, if I was into buggies I'd have snagged one two months ago, got the Skeeter instead ( wish it came with the 6s power system though). 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back