The Limited Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Basherqueen thank you!

20210827_125546.jpg

I run the full @Basherqueen kit on my Limitless it's absolutely amazing and perfect fitment! Well I should say minus the front splitter and center T2T brace. Front splitter got damaged in my crash and with the XLX2 I went with the center brace mount so switched the beautiful Basherqueen CF one out for the XLX2 mount.
IMG_20210429_205323_916.jpg
IMG_20210429_205323_949.jpg
IMG_20210429_205323_953.jpg
IMG_20210429_205323_956.jpg

Now running this brace for the XLX2
IMG_20210717_174435_069.jpg

I run the full @Basherqueen kit on my Limitless it's absolutely amazing and perfect fitment! Well I should say minus the front splitter and center T2T brace. Front splitter got damaged in my crash and with the XLX2 I went with the center brace mount so switched the beautiful Basherqueen CF one out for the XLX2 mount.View attachment 165987View attachment 165986View attachment 165985View attachment 165984
Now running this brace for the XLX2View attachment 165988
I'm thinking about getting the top plate, ackerman, and steering wings from basherqueen just so I didn't have to de-anodize them. I need her to make carbon fiber shocks!!!!

I'm thinking about getting the top plate, ackerman, and steering wings from basherqueen just so I didn't have to de-anodize them. I need her to make carbon fiber shocks!!!!
Ya I love the kit it looks so sweet and performs great. I was surprised though the entire kit being splitter, rear winglets, wing mount plates, Ackerman, top plate, steering A plates, side skirts, T2T brace was actually a little heavier than the stock plastic and aluminum parts by a few ounces. I already had the towers so not sure if those included over the stock towers would have dropped the kit down in weight under the stock parts. Either way gaining a couple ounces is nothing and for amazing strong and beautiful CF parts was well worth it. Ya shocks would be amazing but definitely would be a challenge to make as I believe most CF is in just sheets not like a block of aluminum that can be milled so would be hard to make for sure. Even shock caps I bet would be super hard let alone the shock body.

Well....I ran out of QS8 connectors. Placed a order from OSE and while waiting I stumbled across a thread where @Harriot10 showed off a pinocchio spool he had made. I decided to give it a shot. Took some measurements and started chopping away. Tomorrow I will toss the shafts on the Harig and grind the flats. I made two. One for the Arrma style gears and one for Saga style gears.

The most expensive parts are the drive cups. I pd 28$ for (4). Two hardened 8mm rods - 10.88$. Two 10mm od 8mm id carbon fiber tubes- 13$. I already had the bearings and gears...and tons of Typhon shafts (dog bones).

20210903_181055.jpg

Last edited:
Well....I ran out of QS8 connectors. Placed a order from OSE and while waiting I stumbled across a thread where @Harriot10 showed off a pinocchio spool he had made. I decided to give it a shot. Took some measurements and started chopping away. Tomorrow I will toss the shafts on the Harig and grind the flats. I made two. One for the Arrma style gears and one for Saga style gears.

The most expensive parts are the drive cups. I pd 28$ for (4). Two hardened 8mm rods - 10.88$. Two 10mm od 8mm id carbon fiber tubes- 13$. I already had the bearings and gears...and tons of Typhon shafts (dog bones).

View attachment 167233
Nice work! More satisfying making you own spool! That's a small spur, you looking for a new PB? :unsure:

Ground flats on the spools today and installed a 34 spur. I had to clearance the rear chassis brace. Also removed the red heat shrink off the cap pack and used black.

Test:

View attachment 167381
Looks great! I had to modify the rear brace on both rigs with the Pinocchio spools!👍🏼

I've gone all over the car minimizing slop. I put heat shrink tubing on the ball joints, now they're all tight. The only thing left is the body. Ill try to have that together by next weekend. Then mechanically adjust the steering and a 4s shake down!

Finished up the body and got it mounted. I think the only thing left to do is mount some GRP S3 and test her out. I also need to clean up the wheel wells....that ish will be for tomorrow.

20210910_220207.jpg

Modeled it after this:

sabre01.jpg

Last edited:
k
Finished up the body and got it mounted. I think the only thing left to do is mount some GRP S3 and test her out. I also need to clean up the wheel wells by from cutting mask and a 2mm thick body....that ish will be for tomorrow.

View attachment 168433

I modeled it after this:

View attachment 168434
Dude,
Awesome paint job and love the lines…but it looks like it doesn’t fit in the rear?? Or is it just the angle it’s at?

k

Dude,
Awesome paint job and love the lines…but it looks like it doesn’t fit in the rear?? Or is it just the angle it’s at?
I need to adjust to body mounts. One side is a good 1/4 to 3/8" higher that the other. Also all 4 post aren't in the holes.

Trimmed the wheel wells and adjusted the body. I had to add one additional item. I own this tag.......

20210911_003049.jpg

Took the Limited out today to shake down and play with her stable mate. Mounted a fresh set of S3 GRP tires.

4s 25/34 58mph. Not far off from the gear calculator I use.

Screenshot_20210911-154345_GNSS PA.jpg

20210911_152806.jpg

2CB34AC3A8554181A85A2A2EB28F231C.png

Screenshot_20210911-164710.jpg

Last edited:
Took her back out today to get in a few 100mph passes. Almost had a blow over which I found puzzling. Rear is jacked up and has limiters. The front is as low as I can go without dragging the chassis. Made about 4 passes and on the last one where I said eff it, both front wheels lifted. Hit the brakes, slammed down and went into the grass. Only damage was a fallen tree branch that poked my body in the hood. Small dent. I believe I'm going to remove the rear wing.

I need to find a longer road as this one I've only been able to get 115 out of. This was easier when everyone was afraid to go outside and everything was closed. Ill spend some time seeking out new spots.

Car handles like it's on rails. The Dillybar isn't visible at the distances I run during broad day light. Might try it out with some evening running.

Screenshot_20210912-141939_GNSS PA.jpg

06824F8365814BC9A4B65D08C59F3D06.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back