Talion The Mongrel - Tali-Kra-jave

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
  2. Typhon 6s
This is my first build thread, and first real build.
First and foremost, thanks to everyone here who posts their builds and their tips and findings from their builds you were all a tremendous help!

This Talion XL started as nothing but a pile of parts. I would have been far smarter to pick up a roller, but my inner overly excitable little (46 year old) kid took over and I just bought a bunch of stuff off of Jenny's after digging through the build threads for hours on end and knowing I NEEDED to do something :woot:
So, I started with a Mojave chassis, because i wanted something big and went from there. this build consists of:
Mojave Chassis
Talion Towers and Shocks
Kraton arms... which i later found out are the same as Talion :happy:
Kraton Wing and mount... I love how absurd it looks
Stock Servo (i grabbed 3 on the cheap so once I burn through those with these huge tires i have a couple of 36kg JX's to last me a while)
MAX6 Combo ESC and Motor
18T Tekno Hardened pinion
PowerHobby Dual fan mount and 2 Rocket Fans (need to get some screens)
Backflip 6s tires (again completely absurd)
Traxxas Receiver and Transmitter

I had a ton of fun doing this build. Already planning on Un-trugging my Typhon and making a stretched Typhon street car now that offroad will be dominated by my TalionXL and my Traxxas Maxx.

Some things I ran into during this build process:
  • Center tower loop to support the body shell interferes with the Max6 motor wires so that needed to be trimmed.
  • I worried a lot after I ordered the tires about the size and heat but with the 18T pinion and the torque of the 4985 it runs great and looks bananas. Temps on the maiden voyage were around 125-130ish.
  • The Kraton Wing doesn't attach all that great (with what i had) but it worked out great because I just used a small washer under the 3mm cap screw. That really worked out well because when it takes a good shot the washers pull through and instead of stressing the wing mount and everything down-chain of that the wing just pulls through the washers and I can re-attach.
This is primarily going to be a 4S rig for now and it's amazing.

Looking forward to my winter project on the Typhon after this experience! Thank you all again I greatly appreciate everything I was able to learn through your posts and builds!

Ss
IMG_4470.JPEG
IMG_4471.JPEG
IMG_4472.JPEG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back