Typhon the new brushed Typhoon 550 green buggy, is this same as 3s blx other than combo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newergrowup

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi

i really like the new green body shell the new brushed typhoon has.
Also next summer i maybe make my 3s senton to 4s
then i have the 3s blx combo over.

Im thinking if i can buy the new 550 brushed fluorgreen typhoon and convert it to 3s blx system?
Is the chassie and everything else same like BLX 3S typhoon?

the new brushed green typhoon looks good,. and this is cheap also.
Will this Brushed car be the same as 3s brushless BLX typhoon after i convert it to this?

after reading many comments on this, it would not last.
If you swap out motor and electronics for the 3s versions your drive train will not last very long (this is according to what I read).
I believe the step from 3s to 4s is an ok one compared to the brushed to brushless conversion.

The main differences between the brushed and brushless :
- Plastic motor mount on brushed instead of the aluminum on brushless version.
- Slipper with only one slipper pad on brushed instead of three on the brushless version.
- Input gear is 100% plastic in brushed, instead of metal axle on brushless version.
- No adjustable linkages.

No, the brushed isn't same and won't handle the same power than the 3S BLX.

Hi

i really like the new green body shell the new brushed typhoon has.
Also next summer i maybe make my 3s senton to 4s
then i have the 3s blx combo over.

Im thinking if i can buy the new 550 brushed fluorgreen typhoon and convert it to 3s blx system?
Is the chassie and everything else same like BLX 3S typhoon?

the new brushed green typhoon looks good,. and this is cheap also.
Will this Brushed car be the same as 3s brushless BLX typhoon after i convert it to this?
I saw it at the LHS and I'm almost certain that it's smaller than the 3s Typhon. BTW the 3s is only a few more bucks and it's way faster than the brushed one. And if you go brushless later it will almost certainly be more expensive than the tried and proven 3s. Just go 3s to start with. That's what I would do and did actually.

Had the same thoughts at first, buy the mega, switch in a brushless system. Im glad I didnt , plastic gears would NOT have held up to the brushless power. Sure you could have changed out the gears but by the time you did that it would be more than the 3s version. Glad I went with the 3s nice buggy for sure!

not 100% true. I run the mega with steel spur and the heavy duty input gear that's all. on 2 and 3 s with 3500kv vxl no issuse's at all
Yeah but by then with the extra labor and money, you spend more to do this than a regular 3s Typhon. So I don't understand what is the advantage of getting a brushed version, then upgrading it.

Yeah but by then with the extra labor and money, you spend more to do this than a regular 3s Typhon. So I don't understand what is the advantage of getting a brushed version, then upgrading it.
There isn't any ?

I have the mega and I run a spektrum 3150kv on 4s using mod 1 gearing I already had..the slipper eliminator was waay cheaper with the brushed version than buying the 3s version. It's all in preference and what you can afford honestly. But the brushed version holds up to 4s no problem as well. Oh and I had to replace the adjustable linkage..but in the end I save a lot more then if I would've bought the 3s version.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back