The new castle xlx2 fan is a complete joke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a single over-geared 500+A run my xlx2 fan didn't even needed to turn on, topped on 56.5C (16C outside)

On short distance abusive testing runs, 12-15min of semi bashing/dragging i managed to get the fan running at a point where the old xlx and my max5 would already have hit thermal protection. Log's showed 68C max.

I can only conclude the thermal design is a great engineering by Castle.
Agreed! According to my logs 126 degrees is the highest the esc has seen. I added an 8 dollar 5028 12v fan pretty much just for looks. Lol

DE6E2A51-E6A0-424A-A85E-B5D0EF809026.jpeg

Everything I've heard about the XLX2 is that it's ability to keep everything cool without the fan is superb. Castle challenged the speed runners who tested it before its release to try and make the fan come on and no one could, even with back to back 100mph+ runs. So I wouldn't worry about it personally!
I have had some bery bad luck with this esc. First one caught fire after my second run with very conservative gearing. The replacement died on my first run 10ft after exiting my garage. I have had good luck with the mmx8s escs and hope this is just a fluke and not a sign of a bigger problem.

I have had some bery bad luck with this esc. First one caught fire after my second run with very conservative gearing. The replacement died on my first run 10ft after exiting my garage. I have had good luck with the mmx8s escs and hope this is just a fluke and not a sign of a bigger problem.
Running it in sensored only instead of smart sense? What motor did you have it paired with?

I still have my very first Tekin Brushed (420F) from the late 1980's. Works fine. Tekin was the top gear at the time. Their Mosfets were almost Aerospace grade quality back then. Pros just needed them to win big events. I only used Tekin back then and had all their ESC's, chargers and even a programmer tool that was way ahead of its time. Tekin went of business years later. One employee purchased the Tekin name subsequently and years after started up what we now know as Tekin today.
Their current ESC's are favored by Track guys for sure. They excel with their BLX motors. Fires were once a problem with them. Not any sure beyond that.
Inn a track setup, the shortest power leads feasible, makes the most efficient ESC. If I could I would place the ESC right at the battery. 1/2" leads between is not feasible but in theory is ideal. Quality and amount of MosFets make for a cooler running ESC.
I still run a Novak T1 and T4 in my...wait for it..Bolink Eliminator 10 cars!!!

I think someone bought the old Bolink Body molds and were still making the bodies . Novak Rooster was the only Novak I had. Tekin was very $$$. But they had a good warranty and service. They would replace or repair them for a small cost.

Maybe. It's highly requested. But so is anything new from me haha. I did order an xlx2 today though for a little extra kick in the pants
Hi! Love your mounts that I'm using on my Outcast 8s, EXB Mojave. Did you ever get around to printing a mount for the XLX2? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back