Kraton The new motor for my Arrma Kraton is here. Hobbystar 4092 (1480kv)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomberland

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Typhon 6s
Hi guys,

I received the new motor for my Arrma Kraton yesterday. After watching some youtube video's I deceided to go for the Hobbystar 4092 long can motor in 1480kv version. I actually thought I bought the 1730kv version but I bought the 1480kv by accident. I think it is a good choice after all because I've heard that the 1730kv model can give some problems with some ESC's. I have the Hobbywing Max6 on the way to pair it with the Hobbystar motor. Here is a short youtube video I made. I hope to receive the Max6 ESC soon so I can install the new set in my Kraton. I think it will fly!!!

Thank you for taking the time to take the video. Be sure to update when you get it in the Kraton.

I was driving the Kraton this weekend with the stock electronics and a new spur gear (stock 50T) en 15T pinion. My old spur and pinion where totally destroyed after one year of abuse. I actually went through several pinion gears during the last year, but the spur held up fine. But one year of bashing took its toll I guess on the spur gear also. There were some very hard and unhealthy noises coming from the worn out gears the last time I took the Kraton out, so it was definitely time to change the gears for fresh new ones.

It was some time ago I drove the car on 6S, and I have to say even with the stock motor and ESC the Kraton is a complete animal. The 15T pinion is not too much for the car/motor. The temps were just fine. Ofcourse since it's winter now, it's cold outside and I also have a motor fan installed. On 4S the Kraton is just a little tame for my liking. It really needs 6S to have a blast with this car. Funny...because the Outcast is a lot of fun even on 4S. On 6S it is just totally out of this world.

I upgraded the diff oils in my Kraton to 50.000cst front, 500.000cst center and 50.000cst rear. I like this combination a lot better than the stock oil thickness. At first I tried only 500.000cst in the center, but left the front and rear stock. Now I also thickened these up it drives even better at least for me. Power drifting is much easier now. I guess it makes sence because thicker front and rear oil means more on power control. It improved my turning radius because I can drift more easy now.

When I receive my HW Max6 ESC I can start installing the new setup (Hobbystar 4092 motor and HW Max 6 ESC). I will go for a 22T pinion I guess based on several recommendations.

Last edited:
The Max6 arrived yesterday! Unfortunately I forgot the order extra 6.5mm bullet connectors for the motor wires. There are no connectors included with the speed controller. So I just ordered them from Aliexpress and have to wait another 3 weeks to arrive. My local hobbyshops suck and they overcharge bigtime. They might even not have 6.5mm connectors in stock. And I don't mind waiting.

Would it be best to bash the 4092 for torque and be able to change gearing as to the stock higher kv motor

I need to slow this beast down my yard is not big enough. I've spent more time and money for repairs than I have gotten to play with it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back