Typhon The Noto J Typhon going XL once again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notorious J

It's gonna break, so might as well send it!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Gorgon
  2. Granite
  3. Notorious
  4. Typhon 6s
So a friend said he had a new swb M2C chassis for sale, ridiculously cheap. I just couldn't resist. So now it all starts again with the hundreds of spare parts I have. Was considering doing a Noto/Outcast but decided I make myself a nice off road buggy instead. I have almost everything I need except maybe some turnbuckles and hinge pins, but it shouldn't take long before this is up and running.
20221001_211139.jpg

Does the Typhon body normally have carbon fiber on the front top portion?
That's just carbon fiber look vinyl wrap I added myself

So a friend said he had a new swb M2C chassis for sale, ridiculously cheap. I just couldn't resist. So now it all starts again with the hundreds of spare parts I have. Was considering doing a Noto/Outcast but decided I make myself a nice off road buggy instead. I have almost everything I need except maybe some turnbuckles and hinge pins, but it shouldn't take long before this is up and running. View attachment 247316
Fun! Man I need me some peg board. Mind posting a bigger pic of your shop area?

And so it all begins again..😉🤣🤣🤣
I’ve recently been looking at all my spares and thinking, Mmmm what can I make next 🤔
Okay, technically, I had to borrow some parts from the Typhon speed car, but it's only a street basher now anyways. Just the front steering links, some hinge pins and some beefier suspension mounts, but everything else was on the wall or in a drawer at Notorious J Motorworks
Fun! Man I need me some peg board. Mind posting a bigger pic of your shop area?
20221002_210514.jpg
20221002_210444.jpg

Center to front is done. Took a bit of time to get all the 20 million weight out of the front dif. Running about a 70k weight now. Center is a 46t at about 100k. Rear will be about 40k, but I'm too tired to clean another dif. Max6 with a stock BLX 2050kv using a 20t pinion. Hot Racing front Typhon hubs, front gear box, rear brace, front rear upper & lower suspension mounts and a complete center dif mount. EXB front brace and M2C chassis.
20221004_224618.jpg
20221004_224552.jpg

And that's a wrap! Best part is I had a brand new set of buggy wheels I bought from Jennys back in 2019. Next step, hit the track.
20221006_001649-01.jpeg

Okay, technically, I had to borrow some parts from the Typhon speed car, but it's only a street basher now anyways. Just the front steering links, some hinge pins and some beefier suspension mounts, but everything else was on the wall or in a drawer at Notorious J Motorworks

View attachment 247544View attachment 247545
Thank you! Very nice work area you have there.

Looks like some good old fashioned fun is about to break loose! :love:
It did! Ran it on 4s today and was I ever surprised! I had no idea 4s could be so much fun when you're actually trying to control the car, not just send it like a madman. Here's the before and after pics of its inaugural run.
20221006_122258-01.jpeg
20221006_130158-01.jpeg

I always run mine on 4S for the first run or two then switch to the 6S just to keep it exciting. :) By the photos I would say fun was definitely achieved! :love:

P.S. Glad I don't have to clean it! 😜

I almost forgot to mention one critically important part that already got tested a few times today. These low pro @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts are perfect for this build. Wanted the wing to sit nice and low for a sleek look, and these ones do it perfectly
20221006_203706.jpg

I almost forgot to mention one critically important part that already got tested a few times today. These low pro @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mounts are perfect for this build. Wanted the wing to sit nice and low for a sleek look, and these ones do it perfectly View attachment 248444
Cough cough. Maybe a whole new improved lineup on many parts soon. Cough cough

How do you improve on perfection👊
Thank you sir. But obviously I have been making rolling changes little at a time as input from consumers is received over the past couple years. I have been piling information and input from what people have been wanting and I am in the final stages of it and I am very pleased with the results needless to say lol. Stay tuned for a blow out sale to get rid of all the old inventory to make room for the new products.

A few updates on the Typhon. Installed a Custom Rc upgrades front body mount, but more importantly, carbon fiber towers from KC RC. 

20230219_120552.jpg

20230219_115936.jpg

20230219_111908.jpg

Picked up what I feel is the best color body from the Typhon 6s line up and added matching details to some new Katars.
IMG_20231214_002224_817.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back