Kraton The Notorious J Kraton EXB w/M2C chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I swiped my stock esc from the Kraton to go in my speed run Typhon. "What about the Kraton" you ask. Well, I bought a very good condition 4092 1730kv motor and 160amp 6s esc from a friend here, and after much deliberation and a bit of polling, it's been decided this bad boy is going in the Kraton
20201106_200816.jpg

Tight squeeze but a simple realignment of an old esc mounting plate and she's in there. Starting with a 16 tooth and working my way up.
20201106_214126.jpg

Do you know what those motor lead extensions are? I need about as much extension as you have in your truck here. Im trying to run the same motor and a Max6. The leads reach but its tight tight.

Do you know what those motor lead extensions are? I need about as much extension as you have in your truck here. Im trying to run the same motor and a Max6. The leads reach but its tight tight.
Those are home made extensions coming out of the esc. You just need 3 Male and 3 female bullets with a short piece of 10 gauge wire. This also means you're not constantly pulling out the wires from the esc, just separating them mid way.

Giving the Kraton a little more grunt. MMX 8s, 1200kv motor with a 25t pinion and a new 100c 6000 mah 6s Ace Gens battery. "Too the moon Alice!"
20201230_143803.jpg
20201230_132530.jpg

You've got a whole lot packed in there! :love:
Now I could take that more than one way, but let's just go with "in the Kraton" for now.

Now I could take that more than one way, but let's just go with "in the Kraton" for now.
After I typed it, I saw that, and hoped you wouldn't go there! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Powered up, calibrated, and quick test on the carpet in the basement. Had to do everything I could to hold back, from what I'm sure would be, a double standing backflip. Only word that comes to mind is "ridiculous". If I was breaking sh!t before, than I may as well just string a life line to Jennys now.
20201230_204128.jpg

Powered up, calibrated, and quick test on the carpet in the basement. Had to do everything I could to hold back, from what I'm sure would be, a double standing backflip. Only word that comes to mind is "ridiculous". If I was breaking sh!t before, than I may as well just string a life line to Jennys now.
View attachment 116880
I'm surprised you don't have a lake house next to Ted's yet, I figured you two would be best buds by now! At least get the complimentary JRC leather coat or something...

Wich servo you running and how you like.
Amazon/Banggod DS 3225 mg. Was good enough on the stock esc, but really woke up when mated to something with a better bec built in.

Jammed a 29t pinion on the Kraton by milling out the stock motor mount, mated to a 1200kv motor. Also put a 27t pinion in the Noto mated to a 1730kv motor. This is getting a little crazy but I love it!
20210110_115944.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back