Limitless The Notorious J Limitless V2 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the XLX2 is installed!
20221102_023332.jpg

Figured out a way to use the stock Limitless wing side plates with the new Custom Rc Upgrades wing. Cut them down to fit under and made some 75mm standoffs to keep them straight and sturdy. More aesthetics than anything so hopefully they don't hinder performance
20230327_193007-01.jpeg
20230326_155028-01.jpeg
20230327_192054.jpg

Very cool project :)

I see more often with speed run cars that a row of capacitators is added to the electrical circuit, it that for peak shaving purposes or something else?
A capacitor pack (cap pack) is designed to store a little extra power. When you run very hard or fast, lipos tend to drop voltage at certain peaks. The cap pack helps to control the drops or Ripple as it's known in the rc world

So, to fix poorly engineered and/or built electronics ;)

Clear, thx.
Bigger esc's come with larger capacitors. The Castle XLX2 for example can be run without an external cap pack and gets great results. It really only come into play when your pushing the unit and lipos to the max. In speedruns, it's integral if you want to squeeze every last mph out of your system

Eliminated the battery trays in my Lim. Used Saga Custom Rc battery strap hold downs plus velcro under each lipo. On the motor side, I did a left/right and front/back strap to make sure the lipo never gets close to the pinion. On the esc side, I just used two left/right, plus jam a piece of heavy foam between the lipo and the esc. The velcro alone is super strong, and the straps are just there in case of a crash.
20230507_140836.jpg
20230508_204842.jpg

Last edited:
So I twisted my og Limitless chassis in a crash. Ordered a new one from Jennys Rc, but while waiting for it, Arrma sent me this prototype. Remember you saw it here first. The Limitless invisible chassis😮
20230622_102019.jpg

The carbon fiber front splitter I ordered on July 18 finally showed up. The down force on the front of this car at 140mph is ridiculous, so not sure how long before this becomes a sharp blade flying down the road😮
20230814_205118-01.jpeg

The 144mph pass 💨💨💨
#arrmalimitless #instagood #arrmaworldwide #arrmarc #horizonhobby #instagram #instagramreels #rccars #rc #rccar #rclife #rcracing #radiocontrol #reelsinstagram #rctrucks #140mphclub #prolineracing #rcbuggy #rchobbies #scalerc #arrmaspeedclub #traxxas #cnhl #chinahobbyline

Paint by @torontoleisurerc